Comodo Remote Control MFA suggestion

Hi,

It’s really great with the MFA login for the Remote Control, but it would be great if you could save it for like 2 weeks so I don’t have to do it everyday. =)

Well, the best for security is every time you login, but for users sanity it would be great to be able to save the MFA so you don’t need it every time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hello @Noiden
Like what you said in your post ‘the best for security is every time you login’. This is part of what makes MFA (or 2FA or OTP) secure. A disposable ‘password’ that can be used only within a certain (tiny!) period of time. To prolong it’s validity is to basically nullify the MFA security feature.

What we believe you need is to prolong the ‘login cookie’ in the CRC app so that your ‘login state’ will be retained even when you EXIT the app and relaunch it. A ‘time period’ setting that can be set by the user. Perhaps even add a ‘button’ to forcibly log you out of all instances where your account may be logged in?

Your thoughts?

Hi @Rick_C ,

Exactly, sometime you have to make some compromise between security and ease of use for the users… =)

Like the one you have on the web console of Comodo One, where you can like “Save this browser”… but that is like forever, or atleast until you clear your cookies, I wan’t something like that, but for a period of maximum two weeks and on just that device, if I login on another device I must enter the MFA again.

Forcibly log out option I think you should have on every system in Comodo One.

Thanks.

Hello @Noiden ,

Thank you very much for providing your input.
It is important to us as it will help to improve the usefulness of C1 for the entire users’ community.
We already submitted your request to our product team where they will review it and determine where it will fit best on the product road-map.
Rest assured that we`ll send you an email on your recent ticket for any update regarding this.

Kind Regards,