Disable the Remote Control feature

Hi there, would like to know if we can completely disable the Remote Control feature - even the admin not able to ‘activate’ it.
In the Endpoint manager → Configuration Template → Profile → Remote control → disable “device takeover” option – as an admin, we can enable or disable, but the concern here is that the feature is considered high-risk by some of my clients. They don’t even want the admin to have access to it in their environment.

Is that possible?

Hello @Sher_Khan ,

You can create a custom role with preventing the abillity to use Remote Control at all. Then you can assign that role to all users.

Best regards,
Ilgaz

Thanks for sharing Ilgaz. I’m aware of this capability, but it is still the account admin’s control to create the role and restrict them. Thus, if the account admin either being compromised or just rogue admin, he/she able to do something as they pleased. I guess my real question is - can Itarian (as the provider) disable this feature at the client request for their account/instance, so even the account admin would not have the ability to have the RC feature.

Hello @Sher_Khan ,

Yes, we can also do this. You just need to send an email to support@itarian.com and our team will disable remote takeover requests for all users from backend. But, this will result in no ability to establish remote session to any endpoints. If what you need is the ability to disable Remote Control capability for some specific devices; unfortunately, it is not possible. This configuration can only be done from portal, meaning that at least one user (account admin) will still have permission to change it.

Best regards,
Ilgaz

I hear you. But the account admin still has the permission. we’re back to square one. thanks anyway.