Do all the software installations work? I've gotten 1 out of 3 to install so far

I seem to have had luck deploying 7-zip 18.05 to machines, but I got a hash mismatch on Notepad++:

Download of https://patchportal.one.comodo.com/p....Installer.exe failed because md5 hash mismatch. Calculated: a37615f461b52dd82ba59ea334578112 , Expected: A37615F461B52DD82BA59EA334578112xxx
...and I got the following when trying to deploy TreeSize Free (the current version):
Requested package of TreeSize Free is not available for this machine.
Has anyone else had good/bad luck with the new Windows app deployment mechanism?

Also, and I think this is much more important…I don’t think the licensing agreement for some of these apps allow for automated deployment/download (look up the history of Ninite for more info on that), or the free versions are not to be used in a commercial environment. Rather than (or I guess in addition to) have all this, I would love to see some sort of Dropbox/Google Drive integration so I could upload my own installers, Comodo can plug into that and download them to be installed automatically since most file-sharing sites don’t allow direct download links any longer.

@maximillianx ,

Thank you for sharing your output after our release. We’ll gladly send this output and have our Development check the mismatch. We would like to see as well from other MSPs on what they have encountered so far with the new feature.

Hi @maximillianx

Sorry for your inconvenience, we have modified the MD5 Mismatch issue for Notepad++ 7.5.6 now it is working fine. We have checked the Tree Size Free application and it is working fine on our side. Could you please verify and update your feedback to us.

Thank you.

Hmm - I tried reinstalling TreeSize 4.12 64-bit on a Windows Server 2016 VM (different VM than the first one, but same OS) but it just fails with the above message…any ideas?

2018/05/10 10:22:22 AM Overall operations fail Some Operations are failed.
2018/05/10 10:22:22 AM Operation finished fail Requested package of TreeSize Free is not available for this machine.
2018/05/10 10:22:22 AM Operation resolve success Resolving Operation is completed.
2018/05/10 10:22:22 AM Operation resolve started Resolving Operation is started.

Hi @maximillianx

Currently, we are not supporting Windows server platform for supporting patch updates, will let you know once the software update for TreeSize Free completed.

Thank you.

Hi @maximillianx

we tested the application TreeSize in Windows Server 2016. It got updated successfully without any issue.
so, we now support this application for windows server 2016.
Please, let us know your feedback once you test it.

Thank you.

While it did work right after you posted your response, I’m trying this again and am receiving the same issue - md5 checskum mismatch:

Time Status Additional information
2018/09/13 09:47:29 PM Overall operations fail Some Operations are failed.
2018/09/13 09:47:27 PM Operation finished fail Download of https://patchportal.one.comodo.com/portal/packages/spm/Notepad++/x64/npp.7.5.7.Installer.x64.exe failed because md5 hash mismatch. Calculated: 050c61f65800f04ca272513e8e466eef , Expected: 050C61F65800F04CA272513E8E466EEFxxx
2018/09/13 09:46:50 PM Operation started Operation is in progress for Notepad++ 7.5.7.
2018/09/13 09:46:50 PM Operation resolve success Resolving Operation is completed.
2018/09/13 09:46:50 PM Operation resolve started Resolving Operation is started.

Hi @maximillianx

we checked the application “Notepad++”, now it is updating successfully.
A higher version Notepad++ 7.5.8 is also available.
Please, let us know your feedback once you test it.

Hi there, will this be an ongoing issue or is this something you guys are actively looking into? Seems like this md5 mismatch happens a lot - at least every time I’ve tried it, albeit quite infrequently because I’ve yet to rely on it.

@maximillianx ,

You can rest assured that our Developers are looking at both measures. Ultimately without repeating the mismatch.

Thanks for your response - this seems to be a really powerful feature, and I’d love to make use of it more often.

Also, it would be fantastic if we could select a grouping of systems at the device level and install a Windows application there instead of typing each device in the deployment list, similar to how we deploy the Comodo Security/RMM client to multiple computers.

Don’t you worry @maximillianx. Such a feature to deploy one (or more) of the supported 3rd party applications in the Windows Application Store to a select number (or group) of devices is currently in development. We will loop you in to the ticket so that we can update you of any important updates about it.

Thank you, that would be great!