[Dome Shield] Now, playing with dashboards ! Some requests...

Hi,
seems that now (with the new release of the roaming agent, and maybe some changes on my cloud instance) I get some internet activity dashboards.

I have some request:

• 1) "unknown" categories, are shown nowhere in the dashboard, I assume, that in the "Top Urls Categories" a "Uncategorized" shall be shown, as if I go in the logs I see that it represents arround 90% of the urls :)
  • 2) capability to update the categories by ourselfs ? for example, I want to add my corporate company website in the "business" ones, or correct a website categorized in wrong category from our point of view.
  • 3) a "default OS related urls" would be nice, as most of 80 of current categories shown are microsoft.com, linked to Windows 10 default urls that are contacted by the OS.

All my “business” category:100% related to OS default urls:

tile-service.weather.microsoft.com.
www.microsoft.com.
ars.smartscreen.microsoft.com.
iecvlist.microsoft.com.
c.microsoft.com.
delivery.mp.microsoft.com.
dsp.mp.microsoft.com.
win10.ipv6.microsoft.com.

All my “unreachable” category: 100% OS default:

dmd.metaservices.microsoft.com.
apprep.smartscreen.microsoft.com.
t.urs.microsoft.com.

Search engines: same, 100% OS default:

go.microsoft.com

Internet services, same

ieonline.microsoft.com.
c.urs.microsoft.com.
urs.microsoft.com.

Computing, General, same, 100% OS default:

office15client.microsoft.com.
eu-dcc-iis01.dsone.3ds.com.
support.office.microsoft.com.
sls.update.microsoft.com.

In fact, its all the “Top Url Categories” dashboard that is in fact showing only Microsoft Windows 10 related urls…
Otherwise, for a “demo” of an Internet Filtering solution, it’s beautiful

Hi rbo,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. We will be working on your requests.

See my comments/questions below:

Combination of these two items will help you to add what are sorted as “unknown”, into some categories, thus, increasing accuracy and catch rate of your Shield account.

Note taken! While we’re working this item, I’d recommend you to whitelist them. e.g if you’re blocking business but you do not want microsoft related services to be blocked.