Drivers and Bios updates

Hi, is there a feature that shows drivers and bios that need to be updated in endponts? thanks

that WOULD be nice but I don’t see how they would implement it withotu an huge overhaul of how the framework works with patching etc… Since companies like dell and HP have their own firmware/driver programs etc…for instance I use HPIA a great deal…

that said I know With HPIA we can script the evaluation and application of “all” or “recommended” driver downloads…so no reason you couldn’t create a procedure for it or ask for it to be created. :slight_smile:

Hi @datalink,

Thanks for the script request. Can you please provide whether you need this script for HP or Dell machine.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Thank you both for the answers. I thought it was a too generic request. Anyway right now I’d like to monitor drivres and bios updates for a client who uses Dell machines, but I’d like in the future to offer a similar service to other clients that have a mix of PCs of different brands.

Hi @datalink,

Thanks for your swift response. We will ask our script developers to analyse and provide feedback.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

As @HeathBurt stated, this can somewhat be achieved (for HP’s) using the HPIA. I have not looked into any Dell solutions but I have to imagine they may have something similiar

Here is a basic procedure/script I put together that runs HPIA (from a network share) on selected endpoints, creates a report, stores it in a network share and emails it (attached as HTML report). The HPIA reports are pretty good, showing any and all driver or firmware (bios…etc) updates that may be available along with links to download them. It be nicer to have a more robust and complete solution to this, but this has been decently helpful on a small scale (for HP’s anyway). Sharing here if anyone might find useful to use, improve…etc.

Also attached is a sample HTML report

20200610-Scan-and-email-HP-driver-and-firmware-report-with-HPIA-EZT-DM-T0.json (5.55 KB)

Hi @eztech,

Thanks for your valuable suggestions. We have shared the same to our script developers.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @datalink,

Unfortunately, our script developers provided feedback that its not doable in script. As it is not possible to monitor the drivers and bios update since we don’t have the database of drivers and we cannot check for updates separately for each drivers and bios (cannot mention whether drivers are out of date ). we can add particular application to patch management support if requested

Kind Regards,
PremJK