Empty Recycle Bin script not working

I downloaded the Json file from the script repository, and imported it into my RMM. I’ve added it to the profile and run it against my machine. The execution log says it went successfully, but my recycle bin is still full of files that were supposed to be removed. Why is it not working for me?

Hi @Fred,

Thanks for reporting the issue. We will ask our script developers to verify the script.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @Fred,

Our script developers checked the script in the backend and we didn’t face any issue. Recycle bin files were deleted.
Did you refresh the recycle bin after running the script, since it will show as files will exist after running the script but once you refresh it will disappear.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

I’ve refreshed the recycle bin and still showing the same files that were in it when I started. The script says it’s run three times on my computer and still not emptying it.

Hi @Fred ,

Can you please provide the OS version you are using to execute the script.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

I’m using the most up to date version of Windows 10 on a brand new laptop.

You have a predefined script that runs System Cleanup. This runs I assume the Disk Cleanup tool built into windows. I noticed though that it includes all the features except emptying the recycle bin. Why can’t we do that through this script?

Hi @Fred,

We have created a ticket to investigate the issue and will reach you if we need any other information.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @Fred,

Our script developer wants a remote session to investigate the issue from your end. Please let us know when you have time and we will create a support ticket.

Kind Regards,
PremJK