Endpoint Manager disable to uninstall user

Endpoint Manager disable to uninstall user who to proceed ?

I want to user not uninstalll the enpoint manager client. My users to admins.

Is that posssible ?

Hi @geosas ,

Please check this help page to set " Apply password protection settings for Agent Removal Tool"

After disabling this option, the user cannot uninstall the communication client agent removal tool.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

[quote=“geosas, post:1, topic:74960, full:true”]
Endpoint Manager disable to uninstall user who to proceed ?

I want to user not uninstalll the enpoint manager client. My users to admins.

Is that posssible ?
[/quote]Here are a few steps you can take:

User Account Control (UAC): Ensure that the user accounts on the devices are not granted administrative privileges. By limiting user accounts to standard user rights, users will not have the necessary permissions to uninstall the Endpoint Manager client.

Group Policy: Utilize Group Policy settings to restrict uninstallation privileges. You can create a Group Policy Object (GPO) that denies users the ability to uninstall software. Apply this GPO to the relevant user accounts or devices within your network.

Device Enrollment: When enrolling devices into Endpoint Manager, make sure the devices are enrolled as managed devices rather than personally-owned devices. Managed devices typically have stricter controls and limited user privileges.

Device Management Policies: Use Endpoint Manager’s policy settings to configure restrictions on software uninstallation. You can create a policy that prevents users from uninstalling specified software, including the Endpoint Manager client.

Communication and Education: Educate your users about the importance of the Endpoint Manager client and the reasons why it should not be uninstalled. Clear communication and user awareness can help prevent accidental or unauthorized uninstallations.

By implementing these measures, you can significantly reduce the likelihood of users uninstalling the Endpoint Manager client without appropriate permissions. Remember to adapt these steps based on your specific requirements and the capabilities offered by your Endpoint Manager solution.

1 Like