Endpoints go offline, unable to remote

Does anyone have issues where endpoints just go offline? The computer is up fine but i can’t remote to it or anything. I’m not onsite so I can’t just manually reinstall the Comodo Agent. Is there anything I can do? This is happening enough where I am not sure I can trust Comodo to work for us.

I have the same issue, go into Application in the webpage one.comodo.com then on the left click devices, device list and then click remote control on the device. Next remote in with RMM plugin old. It will say something like this machine doesnt have the plugin but it will install. Wait for it to install then remote in with the RMM Module instead of the New Comodo Remote Control. It’s an alternative way to get in. Once you’re on the machine then you can go to services and make sure all services called ITSM are set to automatically start and that they are all started.
That’s how I got it fixed
otherwise try repair on the ITSM agent

thanks. How long does the RMM plugin take to install? I’ve waited like 10 minutes but it still says it isn’t installed so I can’t remote in via the RMM plugin.

geekpoint did it ever work for you?

no this never worked. maybe a reboot would fix it but I am not sure as I can’t just reboot computers. Our clients are medical offices so I can just reboot them in the middle of the day. Plus if I can’t access them remotely to reboot, I’ll have to call the client. All this defeats the purpose of even having Comodo One if we can’t manage clients computers remotely without having to talk to the client I just installed Comodo on a new client and only 3 out of the 9 show online in Comodo One. This isn’t acceptable or reliable enough. I like Comodo One for many reasons but I can’t have less than have of the endpoints be offline at any given time.

Hi @geekpoint ,

We understand the urgency and importance of those endpoints especially on the field of its use. We will have this issue investigated as soon as possible and contact you via email for any additional information is needed.

Geekpoint, are you sure that you made both ITSM services in Admin tools run automatically, I find that if I set them both to run automatically the remote control works. Also make sure the firewall or antivirus on the endpoint machines allow the ITSM client access. There’s lots of factors which could block the connection so be sure to check everything thoroughly. After I did this mine work better now, I think I might have a handful that still need some tuning though.

I would assume when the agent is installed originally, it is set to automatic isn’t it? Not sure why it wouldn’t be. The ones I’ve checked all have been. we have windows firewall turned off on all networks. I haven’t configured anything in AV necessarily for it as I haven’t been told to. I certainly can try. For example, my customer yesterday that has 9 computers and only 3 of them show online. All the same Dell computer with AVG Business and Windows Firewall off. not sure why some show online and some not.

HI @geekpoint ,

There are two services of ITSM that run in Admin tools which are ITSMService and ITSMRSP which should be set on automatic. These primary services enable your enrolled endpoints to communicate with ITSM. You can sort the description to check for any Comodo services that might have a misconfigured StartUp Type. If all of those services are set up correctly, try to ping the endpoints that show offline on ITSM. There might be situations that the endpoint went on a hibernate or sleep mode that caused it to appear offline on ITSM (because there’s no network connectivity).

@dittoit ,

I apologize. Ping is indeed not possible if you’re offsite work from home. @geekpoint if this issue of devices suddenly going offline we will need to investigate further. Are the endpoints displaying “offline status” the same machines or not? If they are, have you tried re-enrolling them?

I Feel were are going round and round, “lets log a support call, can you reinstall, set the services to auto, re-enroll, send me the msinfo32 logs, reboot, this has been passed to the develepers”. these are the only things i seem to be asked to do.

James.

Hello James, @dittoit

We understand and this is noted.
Rest assured that all information we asked from you will not go to nothing but
will help us to properly address your concern.

Thank you for your patience and understanding on this matter.

Kind Regards,
Jay

I find that the ITSMRSP service is never set to automatic after installing the agent. Is there a reason for this? What would be nice is if I can install the agent and ITSMService, ITSMRSP, and RMMService could be installed and all three set to automatic. As it sits now, I install the agent, i then have to manually set ITSMRSP to automatic and start it, and then manually push the RMM agent. This is a lot of steps when trying to quickly get Comodo on lots of machines.

All mine have been set to AUTO, never changed any of them?

Hello @dittoit,

We suggest not to change your setting unless necessary. Thank you

No, and this is across completely different customers. Regular itsm service is on automatic but itsmrsp is not and never started unless I do it.

Hi guys was there a solution to this problem? Is setting both services to auto the solution?

Hello @libretech,

Online/offline status is base on connection to xmpp.

Setting ITSMService to Automatic(delayed) and restarting the service would normally fix the problem.

Regarding with ITSMRsp, as mentioned on the above post, this is used by CRC for remote connection in case CRC is launched on Windows XP or target endpoint is Windows XP. It starts by on demand only, it is not necessary to be started automatically at start-up.