Features request - SNMP monitoring, endpoint performance/utilization graphs

This is a “nice to have feature” but it would be great if it could be added down the road:

SNMP monitoring via a Comodo client.

A primary and secondary Comodo client could be set to monitor a remote (customer site) SNMP device (switch/printer/whatever), would be nice to have common preloaded MIBs and the ability to create logs/ticket alerts/graphs based on results. Ideally this could be used for things like monitoring RAID cards or NAS boxes or vmware or printers, etc. I realize most printers will send you email if they are low on supplies these days, so I’m not asking for that, just to make sure they are online and healthy so that they are capable of sending an email.

An alternative to this would be to create an SNMP monitoring agent or configure one on a cWatch sensor, log SNMP status of devices to cWatch/NxSIEM but this might be overly complex for some and start blurring the lines between security monitoring and operations.

Of course, if there is an established “better way to do this” please feel free to let me know. We’re using Zabbix for stuff like this at the moment, but it would be nice to keep all the things in the single pane of glass that is ITSM (visibility is an MSP’s best friend after all). To be clear I don’t expect Comodo to essentially integrate or rewrite Zabbix. But the SNMP monitoring plugin might be complimentary to having performance graphs of endpoints also.

Hi @indieserve,

We can have the team look into having this as a feature request for the platform. We sincerely appreciate the suggestion.

We will also send an email to keep you updated on the progress.

Thank you

why not integrate zabbix with C1?

Not against integrating Zabbix with C1. There may be some licensing concerns though, I saw some ambiguous language in the license that you can’t use it to provide a “monitoring service” I’m not sure if that excludes MSPs. We’re only using Zabbix to monitor our internal stuff not customers at the moment. Also, we’ve found it clumsy to deploy it in a secure way for multi-site without using a VPN. But if it can be made to be integrated with C1 and there are no licensing issues, by all means, it’s a nice product once it’s set up and working.

Hi @indieserve,

We appreciate the suggestion. We have updated your ticket with your recommendation.

Thank you,

I did find this on their license page, but it has been released under gpl2 license. If you use Zabbix in a commercial context such that you profit by its use, we ask that you further the development of Zabbix by purchasing some level of support. I have not read over the GPL license in some time, but it is fully open source.