[February] What's New on Remote Control and Remote Tools?

Hello everyone!

We are excited to inform you that we are planning to have new releases over Comodo ONE and ITarian on Saturday (2019-02-16) morning! The release is expected to take 4 hours to deploy, during which time Comodo ONE and ITarian will be in maintenance mode.

Remote Tools
New Features

New additions to file explorer functionality. We know you’ve been looking for these and we’re excited to deliver!

• Upload files of any format to remote endpoints from your admin device (50MB file size limit). Folder and multi-file support coming soon.
  • New remote folder operations:
    • Create folders
    • Rename folders & files
    • Delete folders & files
You can enable or disable folder operations for specific staff by configuring the user role (‘Users’ > ‘Role Management’). Improvements
  • More informative error messages in the file explorer interface allow you to troubleshoot and react to issues faster.
  • Moved the info box that appears on an endpoint during remote connections to the bottom left corner of the screen. We expect this repositioning will improve user experience by freeing up desktop space.

Remote Control
Bug Fixes
  • On some MAC endpoints, crashes observed and this caused connection initiation. The issue was identified and is fixed.

We look forward to your feedback! Please leave any comments and suggestions below!

Best Regards,
Begüm

Product Manager

Suggestion:
I would love a way to remote control my devices from a ChromeOS device. That could mean an Android client, Linux client, or something natively in the web browser.

@BetaLeaf ,

We thank you for your suggestion. We will make sure to have this feature request forwarded to our Developers for analysis. We will provide you news and notification of our Development Team’s feedback via support ticket.

@Jimmy Thought you might want to know I have made some great progress getting Remote Control for ITarian to work on Chromebooks. You can view my progress at https://forum.itarian.com/forum/products/other-comodo-products/comodo-device-management/comodo-remote-control/32618-how-to-install-remote-control-by-itarian-to-chromebook-chrome-os

@BetaLeaf ,

Apologies for the late reply. I was able to see your instructions. Impressive!