foreign language patch names in ITSM patch management

I thought this had been fixed a while ago, but it’s back. Foreign language Windows patch names in ITSM patch management. Not a big deal, but odd.

Hello @indieserve,

We have been informed by our development team that fix has been implemented and it will be release on 15th of July.

Thank you and we appreciate your feedback.

And they’re showing up again.
Обновление функций до Windows 10, версия 1709”, “Atualização de Definição Windows Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 (Definição 1.259.37.0)”, “Windows Defender Antivirus için Tanım Güncelleştirmesi - KB2267602 (Tanım 1.259.241.0)” are on today’s list.

Hi @PromptCare
We thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Rest assured that your concern has now been forwarded to our developers. We appreciate your patience on the matter.

Hmmm, this is happening yet again today…Jan 9th, 2018. However, I waiting for about 30 mins (doing other stuff) refreshed the page, and the English version is now displayed correctly?
strange behaviour?? No biggy as mentioned, but something is going on that shouldn’t be.

@howie ,

As of today, we haven’t encountered any reports about irregularities on the ITSM portal. However, we will still continue with investigating the prior reports to ensure that there are no underlying issues with the patch management. Thank you for reporting.

Hello @howie, we are facing this problem of patches in different languages from time to time. In order to solve this issue, we are making calls to Windows Update to solve this frequently. What you have experienced is the real life scneario of that case. You first see patch in different language, then our sync to Windows Update solved the issue.

We are aware that you shouldn’t see the patch in wrong language at the first place. For this purpose, we changed our mechanism and it will be released at the beginning of March. We expect not to face such issues after this change.

my best regards,
Emrah
Product Manager for ITSM Patch Management

Hello, I’m not sure about this, but it seems that when I update endpoints Mozilla Thunderbird through itsm patch management, the default Thunderbird english version is downloaded instead of the localized version we use. So I have to manually install on each endpoint the localized version again. Anyone else noted it ?

Hello @datalink ,

Sorry to hear your situation we caused.

Our patch management system is by default working for English language for now. For third party applications, we are hosting the packages mainly in English version. However, for wide-known applications like Thunderbird, we are helping our customers to provide localized updates.

Our support team will contact you and escelate it to dev team.

regards,
Emrah

Hello @datalink,

We have created a support ticket for you to get additional details on concern that you have. Thank you

Still happening:
2018-02 Kumulatives Update für Windows 10 Version 1709 für x64-basierte Systeme (KB4074588)

This one is showing as having been installed on my own PC and when I check that it comes up with an English name.

@PromptCare ,

We have sent this information and have our Development Team reviewed this case.

This is happening again !!..

Hello @dittoit,

We have checked on our environment and we are unable to replicate the issue. A support ticket is created for your reported concern to further investigate and apply the needed solution. Thank you

If I go into Applications -> Patch Management in ITSM there are definitely patches with foreign / non-english languages.

@indieserve ,

We have reported your case to our Product Developers to investigate and revisit the issue. We’ll make certain to update and provide you notifications via email of the output of their tests.

Is there any update on this? Still seeing foreign language updates, ive been told now on 3 (maybe 4) releases that this issue has been fixed.

Hi @Joner, we have created a ticket for you regarding this issue. Kindly reply to the email with the needed details for our developers to investigate.

Hi,
This has started happening on the updates when i view them on the portal,
example below:

</td>
		<td>Definitionsupdate für Windows Defender Antivirus – KB2267602 (Definition 1.269.521.0)</td>
		<td>2267602</td>
		<td> </td>
	</tr>

Hello @sheldon1,

We have also added you on the existing ticket regarding on this reported case. We will reach you via email for additional details in resolving this issue.

Thank you for your patience.