Hotfix for Comodo Client Security 2019-05-06

Hello @azon2111,

We appreciate you sharing your feedback as this will push us to become faster and better with our products.
We will let the development team hear about this.

We also appreciate your suggestions and we couldn’t agree more with you about the rollback feature as this would definitely benefit our C1 users community.
We will submit this as a feature request where they will review it and determine where it will fit best on the product road-map. We will create a support ticket for this request.

Thank you for your loyalty and support.

Hi all,

I have been speaking with the powers at large and they are working on this as fast as they can currently.

Also they are looking at alternative ways of doing the firewall as it is causing so many issues like this.

Just an update… we now have 75% of our CCS clients running the latest version 11.2.2.7373 with no issues highlighted so far.

Hi @Ed_Johnson ,

Thanks for updating us, we appreciate it!

KRegards,

We are not having any issues with our clients either, all good news!

Hello, everyone,

We are having a report from several users regarding some network issues on computers where Comodo have been upgraded to the latest version 11.2.2.7373: once CCS has been installed and the requested reboot has been done, after a while the network connection, either wireless or wired, is just lost. We have had the issue in six computers so far out of ~350 updated (that’s an occurrence of just the 2%) and, in all cases, it has been solved by just forcing a reboot. Looks like Comodo Client Security version 11.2.2.7373 may require an additional reboot for the firewall to work properly, but it does not ask for it.

We have instructed our Service Desk to, in case any user complains about not being able to connect to the network (either wireless or wired), after checking that Comodo Client Security version 11.2.2.7373 has been installed, they should ask the user to do a system reboot and confirm that the network works fine afterwards.

We have not found further issues so far and this is not a blocking one so, for us, it’s not necessary to open a support case about it.

Best regards,
– Javier Llorente
Devoteam - Endpoint Security

@DevoteamEndpointSecu ,

We thank you for giving us a response. We are glad to know about your report regarding the upgrade.

Well spotted guys, this is good to know!

I’m still having clients that upgrade to 11.2.2.7373 lose their network connections, regardless of reboots. Is there a way to deploy the security client without the firewall driver? It has been a problem off and on for years and is not worth the trouble. This recurring problem has nearly wiped out the application’s credibility within my department.

@wayne.clement ,

We have created a support ticket for you to investigate as to why this issue reoccurs. Please check your forum registered email for some details we may need on your account instance.

I am having the same issue as I did with 11.2.2.7313 with losing Internet connectivity. Restarting or uninstalling/reinstalling FortiClient fixes some of the computers for a short time before the problem returns. I have noticed FortiClient Lite is not compatible with Comodo Security Client, but does the same go for the normal version of FortiClient?

Have the updated endpoints been restarted already, @platinum307? On a few instances, a second restart is needed to complete the update process. There is no need to make any other changes (uninstalling other apps, etc.) before performing the PC restart.

I have restarted them multiple times. After the restart they will work for a while but then lose connection again. The only difference these 4 machines have from the other ones in the building is they are shared by several users.

@platinum307 ,

We will gladly assist on this reported issue with the help op our Development Team. Please check your forum registered mail at your convenience.

Hello everyone,

We have had further reports of network connectivity issues on computers with the latest Comodo Client Security version 11.2.2.7373. Though a reboot may fix the issue on most endpoints, on some of the issue reappears after a while without a clear cause. So far we have around 525 endpoints using the latest version 11.2.2.7373, and so far we have had reported network issues in nearly 20 computers, which is an occurrence of about 3.8%. Maybe it’s not a widespread issue, but it has affected some relevant and VIP users… and, in fact, we have had more issues with the hotfix package than with the original 11.2.0.7313 package.

Hence, as a cautionary measure, we have decided to stop the deployment of the latest Comodo Client Security version 11.2.2.7373 and set the default client version to the latest known good, version 11.1.0.7259, until we are sure that it’s safe to keep deploying the latest version.

We have instructed our Service Desk to proceed as follows in the case that a user calls reporting connectivity issues:

- If the installed version is Comodo Security Client 11.2.0.7313, uninstall it and install manually the version 11.1.0.7259

• If the installed version is Comodo Security Client 11.2.2.7373, force a system reboot. If the issue persists after the reboot, uninstall it and install manually the version 11.1.0.7259.

Please, keep us informed when a hotfix is released or if you find a better workaround for these networking issues.

Thanks in advance for your support!

– Javier Llorente
Devoteam - Endpoint Security

@DevoteamEndpointSecu ,

We apologize to hear about this issue that reoccurred. We have created a support ticket in regards to review your report and further with this case. Please check your forum registered email at your convenience

Hi guys, I have update to the latest hotfix and experince network issues after my laptop goes into sleep mode and after waking it up I cannot connect to the internet unless I reboot or disbale the firewall driver.

This is not good news, so far we have not experienced these issues… But it does sound like you have to have a certain combo of software or situations to have the failure.

Either way this is not good news…

Thank you all for contributing back, the more info we feed back the better the solutions get!

Feel free to reply at your convenience, @libretech, to the support ticket we created to address your concern. The product development team would like to get to the bottom of the situation at the soonest.

Hi guys so I looked at my combo of software and did some uninstalls and now I don’t have the issue anymore.