installing agent tutorial

guys,

i created a comodo one accoiunt, but now i am stuck. I am trying to figure out what i can do with it(and what not). SO, my first thought was, lets install an agent to see which output i am getting from that. But where is the agent installer and how should i install that?
thank

Hello @andref ,

If you let us know what you are trying to achieve, we will be able to better guide you in the right direction.
Comodo One allows you to use the available modules in order to manage Devices.
The best way to start doing that is to access the ITSM Module right from the Comodo One Portal and start with adding in users (or simply use your own, the default one) then enroll a device by deploying the ITSM Agent.
You can then go ahead and also deploy the Security on the Device (based on device type etc).
Here is an introductory link to get you started with ITSM: https://help.comodo.com/topic-399-1-786-10078-Introduction-to-Comodo-IT-and-Security-Manager.html

Should you need help with anything else, please let us know.

Hi John,

many thanks for the fast reply. First, about the provided link, the picture looks compeltely different , i got the one msp environment. What i would like to do is to find out which free options are available and for which options i need to pay. Second, in a regular msp environment, one installs an agent to provide clients/servers with an anti virus/anti malware and to see the sattus of the client(uptime,hardware,…). So, if that is possible, i would like to get started with that for testing purposes.

regards,

André

Hello @andref ,

The link provided previously refers to the ITSM Module. This Module is accessible through the Comodo One Dashboard. After having created a Comodo One account, you normally log in at one.comodo.com with your credentials after which you can access the modules from the top menu. I have attached an image pointing out what to access.
Once you click on that menu, you should see IT and Security Manager which is the module described in my previous post.

Screenshot_1.jpg

What I did that may help with what you want, set up a few user accounts in ITSM for separating your devices (or just one if you are testing with your home devices) download the bulk installation package for a user you just created (dont rename the package or it will not work, also it expires so you so you will need to redownload it every now and then). Install that package on each computer you want to add under that user in ITSM. As some advice make sure you have sensiblily named computers so you know what is what and that they dont have some that are the same (looking after redential customers that is always a bit harder but as long as you assign them to the correct users you should be able to tell them apart). Once the computer shows up you can then use the Install MSI button on the device list screen to install the RMM agent. I also have been installing the patch management client as that is one of the main features I am after. With the patch management one I have 4 policies (2 for OS patches and 2 for 3rd party patches) I have one that will auto install any critical update and another that will auto install any approved update. Once you have all the clients pushed out you then will have a look into the monitoring policies so that you can start collecting some information about issues that you want to know about and open support tickets automatically if that’s what you want. The new procedures are very useful, means you can automate a lot of tasks without needing to remote into the computers however that is still a useful feature of RMM