Issues with Patch Management

We are having issues with patch management (Windows)

1. We have intermittently clients complaining that they have to restart their machine each morning - when we check the patch log no updates are required and none installed? Why are they getting the warning about requiring an update.It is possible they have done a Windows defender definition update but that should not require a reboot?? We have not got auto restart enabled as they where just restarting after deploying a patch or not!
  2. We are currently seeing KB4522355 being offered to Windows 10 1903 machines by checking on the device in settings\windows updates but Patch Management does not have it as a patch to deploy - any reason why?
  3. We are also seeing the same KB descibed as three different patches KB4517389 as i) 2019-10 Actualizacin acumulativa para Windows 10 Version 1903 para sistemas basados en x64 (KB4517389) and ii) Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 and iii) 2019-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x86-based Systems (KB4517389) why? Could be i) and iii) but its not ii)!!
  4. Problem still with none English names for updates - seen above but who knows if this is the same update or a different one but with the wrong KB

Pete

Ummm just received this back -followed the recommendations to contact [email]zach.desaulniers@itarian.com in other posts about charging!!!

Thank you for your email, as of October 23, 2019, I am no longer with Comodo. Please contact Asad Bajwa, Enterprise Executive. He can be reached at asad.bajwa@comodo.com

Ok some more bits to add to the list!!

users complaining about there machine showing
5) no update checks since the last time a manual check was done on that device
6) ITarian controlled updates are not shown in the update history
7) Feature update to 1903 fails to deploy as an “optional” update - needing the user/us to manually check for updates in WU on the device - even on devices with 1703 which goes end of support in a couple of weeks at this point it will become a “non-optional” update and pushed out by Microsoft due to end of life.

Hello stevens_pete,

Thanks for your post. We will come up with a case ID for you to followup up further.

@stevens_pete it us not possible to install feature updates like 1903 via the Comodo/Itarian patching.

@nct - should have said “7) Feature update to 1903 fails to deploy intermitantly” - we have devices that have updated without any intervention! I suspect 70 - 80% have deployed with no issue but some will not!! If some seem to deploy then why not all?
We currently have 60 deployed and 3 not.
If its not designed to deploy “Feature updates” then why does it most of the time?