We are having issues with patch management (Windows)
- We have intermittently clients complaining that they have to restart their machine each morning - when we check the patch log no updates are required and none installed? Why are they getting the warning about requiring an update.It is possible they have done a Windows defender definition update but that should not require a reboot?? We have not got auto restart enabled as they where just restarting after deploying a patch or not!
- We are currently seeing KB4522355 being offered to Windows 10 1903 machines by checking on the device in settings\windows updates but Patch Management does not have it as a patch to deploy - any reason why?
- We are also seeing the same KB descibed as three different patches KB4517389 as i) 2019-10 Actualizacin acumulativa para Windows 10 Version 1903 para sistemas basados en x64 (KB4517389) and ii) Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 and iii) 2019-10 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1903 for x86-based Systems (KB4517389) why? Could be i) and iii) but its not ii)!!
- Problem still with none English names for updates - seen above but who knows if this is the same update or a different one but with the wrong KB
Ummm just received this back -followed the recommendations to contact [email]email@example.com in other posts about charging!!!
Thank you for your email, as of October 23, 2019, I am no longer with Comodo. Please contact Asad Bajwa, Enterprise Executive. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Ok some more bits to add to the list!!
users complaining about there machine showing
5) no update checks since the last time a manual check was done on that device
6) ITarian controlled updates are not shown in the update history
7) Feature update to 1903 fails to deploy as an “optional” update - needing the user/us to manually check for updates in WU on the device - even on devices with 1703 which goes end of support in a couple of weeks at this point it will become a “non-optional” update and pushed out by Microsoft due to end of life.
Thanks for your post. We will come up with a case ID for you to followup up further.
@stevens_pete it us not possible to install feature updates like 1903 via the Comodo/Itarian patching.
@nct - should have said “7) Feature update to 1903 fails to deploy intermitantly” - we have devices that have updated without any intervention! I suspect 70 - 80% have deployed with no issue but some will not!! If some seem to deploy then why not all?
We currently have 60 deployed and 3 not.
If its not designed to deploy “Feature updates” then why does it most of the time?