Itarian Billing Model Change - 2022

Hi,
Every year it is more difficult to maintain trust in the platform.
My 380 seats license is unfortunately in doubt …

1 Like

Joined the forum simply to comment on this.

I took advantage of Itarian’s “50 (MDM) licences free forever” offer, to manage four devices for my elderly parents and disabled twin boys. All four benefit from the security and support offered by the platform. This use is non-commercial, clearly.

I chose Itarian for two reasons: firstly, this is a family scenario, not enterprise, so I only have modest requirements. Secondly, the offer of “free forever” beat the competition, frankly.

That said, I am pragmatic and treat all such offers with some scepticism. Google has tried several times to move its legacy free Google Apps/Workspace customers onto paid subscriptions. Happily they recanted on their latest attempt this year. (I use that service non-commercially, purely for my family.)

Itarian should follow Google’s approach. Change your mind. By all means fire the people who said the first 50 devices would be free forever, :wink: but honour your commitments.

Because if you won’t honour your commitments, this is a fact that informs the decision-making process when people in the sector advise enterprise clients (I’m a technology & security consultant). Integrity is important.

1 Like

Hi Robin, I know none of this has been up to you and you are more or less in the same boat as us only you have to also put out this fire :), but to answer your question:

Over the years there have been quite a few issues with Comodo, Sectigo, Xcitium
It seems that there are several groups within Comodo that have vastly different approaches to how the company should be ran.

As for the platform itself...
  • "Free forever" promise broken
  • Recent changes on very short notice
  • Half baked features and releases, from what I can remember on the spot:
    • firewall issues a few years ago (while I believe this was due to windows changes, you'd thing somebody tests releases)
    • Recent Android release rollback.
  • Features that do not work.
  • Features that has been promised and never materialised.
While I believe the price changes in the past and now have mainly been aimed at improving the platform and were not cash-grabs, neither was handled gracefully or with a degree of transparency it deserves.

While with the first change I was still on board (the AES licence requirement etc.)Unless changes are made, this time around we will most likely be switching to Syncro or another alternative in the next year.

1 Like

Hi All,

Finally tech support fixed my forum issue so now i can also voice my concerns here.

I have been with Comodo since 2016, i have seen them grow alot especially since starting iTarian and how this has improved over time.

Me being a Comodo partner since early 2016, I have seen the most biggest problem with the company is…communication. Comes as no surprise as you can see the most complaints is regarding this. The latest example is, when the new XCS 12.2 was released. I did not see this in my dashboard, only the new agent. So, I logged a ticket. With going back and forwards, log out requests, sorry there was a sync issue try again…after 4 days of mails flowing I was finally informed it was postponed due to problems. Why was this not shown in our dashboard via a banner or something? I had to mail support and took 4 days! How can the staff not even know this was postponed? Even no communication with in the company, makes sense why the customer also don’t get any.

Now to come to the price issues. For us who are NOT US based, the exchange rate is killing us so the platform is much more expense compared to what is also available within our country and even if you take vendor who are not, there pricing is still justified to convert to our currency.

With iTarain etc, they have gone back on there words so many times it breaks trust.
For me it’s normal when release are postponed, quietly removed and rolled back with no communication. I know iTarian will make provision to loose some customers due to this price change. All this rebranding, price changed smell to me like Comodo has changed hands,/new directors and/or bought out. I have seen this in my IT career , when thing like this changed it is due to new management/company running the shots and is now a money pumping machine.

For me it’s the first time since 2016 that i’m looking at alternatives and also moving. It is such a shame, Comodo in my opinion is the best endpoint security by far and i do test it, other vendors with regular malware test so i know. But even this is making me thinking of moving everything to someone else.

I understand companies need to make money but they have to think very carefully on what they want to do as new commers will look at pros and cons for all RMM providers and there are alot better out there for less than what iTarian want’s to ask us. And on top of that we still needs to ask our customers a premium over and above what we need to pay. I think they forget this as we need to put markup on the price as it will kill any IT MSSP to ask for these products as cost, makes no sense and hence we are putting more financial strain on our customers.

3 Likes

It’s a long haul but this was a step too far… over the years we’ve spent as much time sorting issues with Comodo/Itarian as we have using the product. We have hundreds of endpoints to ghost on our alternative rmm software, a task we started immediately the latest pricing model was announced (we’re about 25% done). We’ll not be renewing any of our CCS licences either.

Theyve probably accounted for a drop off but seriously… the price theyre asking is just not commercially worth it when there are many better, and cheaper alternatives available.

4 Likes

I haven’t received such an email, should I worry about getting an unexpected bill on the 21st?

I was intending to open a new account for this use, managing my parents, sisters, and kids’ devices (I’m more or less the Tech Support for my whole family), but with this new billing model, it’s clearly not worth it.

The new billing model has just killed the “freemium” model.

Regards,
– Javier Llorente

Thank you for giving us this insight.

Please be aware that neither Comodo or ITarian have changed owners; they have had a few staff changes but nothing owner wise.

In regards to your issue with the latest release from Comodo, that was a Comodo issue and not an ITarian issue. ITarian did not push this version of the AV to their clients meaning only Comodo customers with the Comodo branded portal got these issues.

Comodo and ITarian are 100% different companies, but do share technologies. As you can imaging Comodo share their AV with us and we share our RMM with them, this allows us to develop what we are good at and focus our product offerings as needed.

Regards
Robin

1 Like

We have two pools of customers here: -

ITarian

Comodo

Only “ITarian” customers should have got the email, but we understand due to some people moving between us that some might have been missed and others emailed by mistake.

1 Like

Hi Robin,

Thank you for replying and atleast someone is monitoring and reviewing the forum. I do understand you are trying to help us on your end. I will stick around for now and see what happens.

Regarding the iTarian/Comodo, this again shows their is not communication between them. Comodo should then inform iTarain, they need to be informing us that updates are postponed, we can not guess these things and log unnecessary tickets with support. How can they work/develop together but no one talks to anyone. I think this needs to be improved as how can iTarian post new updates are being released, Comodo does not release it and iTarian does not know about it. I know this is not iTarians fault.

Thank you.

Different, yet share the exact same business address? I doubt your 100% claim. We will find out soon though. Tomorrow morning, our attorney is filing an FTC compliant.

Dear @tmr

in regards to

Different, yet share the exact same business address?

Yes, the offices share the same address; and so do many others.

I doubt your 100% claim.

I have no reason to give out false information. Comodo and ITarian are two different companies which have their own CEO’s, marketing, product managers and more.

Both companies share the same founder, and ITarian was born out from Comodo.

We will find out soon though. Tomorrow morning, our attorney is filing an FTC compliant.

I’m a UK employee with no idea what you meant by this, but Google to the rescue!

I personally feel sad that you feel you have to raise such a thing; but I can promise you everything posted by me is based on facts.

I understand the pricing changings announced is causing upset, hence this forum post; but that is not a scam or us committing fraud.

Hi @Hello-I-T

Thank you for bringing this list of potential issues to my attention.

Over the years there have been quite a few issues with Comodo, Sectigo, Xcitium

Comodo and Xcitium I believe are the same company but re-branded (might be a different company registration but not sure), but Sectigo is not part of Comodo and has not been for some years now this was sold off and re-branded as part of this.

In regards to the recent CVE’s I had this raised to me a month ago, and I checked with dev and it was confirmed all was resolved.

Most of stuff you have raised it Comodo not ITarian, but I totally understand we have a close relationship with them and accept your concerns.

Quick blast on the below: -

• “Free forever” promise broken — Unfortunately before my time working here but my own company was effected. We accepted it as the product needed to grow and improve.
  • Recent changes on very short notice — I’m trying to give 1 weeks notice for upgrades and deployments, everything else is out of my hands unfortunately.
  • Half baked features and releases, from what I can remember on the spot:
    • firewall issues a few years ago (while I believe this was due to windows changes, you’d thing somebody tests releases) — Comodo not ITarian
    • Recent Android release rollback. — Tests were good on handsets we used but found issues after release so pulled after only 8 downloads were made. We have now fixed this and added MFA to the app and looking to release soon.
  • Features that do not work. — This is what I’m working on.
  • Features that has been promised and never materialised. — This is what I’m working on.

I hope this brings some light and more information on the above and shows that we are working to get ITarian back on the map and a product to be proud of.

@RT-AMS-ITarian ,

Good to see that hopefully some improvements will be seen on short term.

But I think that this whole discussion could be avoided if Itarian drew a line from here: all the old users will have access to what they have now. The free 50 devices is already for the past. So no need to rediscuss that. Those are gone.
But for all your old payed clients, let them have all the modules like we always have.

And for the new customers, you can apply the new billing model.

In that case everyone is satisfied and we can all bring the platform to a higher level and focus on the improvements.

Please consider and implement that.

2 Likes

Hi all,

Did I miss an announcement about the forum changing ?
Today when I went to view it, old login gone, could not login and required password reset, Office 365 blocked as spam.
The new forum looks better, BUT did it just change in the last day or so, and we never got told or is it just a surprise, and a move of better things to come on the platform??
Old PM’s gone.

As for the topic on hand:

I’m awaiting further information on the upcoming billing “review” before I commit one way or another.
My gut feeling is likely keep AV and depending on costs for the 300 + endpoints we have here, may need to return these to another RMM platform.

mcfproservices

We have been planning to update the forums for a while now; but they have been so active of late and issues with sync’ing the data has put it off and off.

As you can see the bullet was bitten and move made no matter what.

New system is much nicer and cleaner, and the image is hopefully a sign of the things we have to come.

It is general know as “unfair or deceptive acts or practices.” " Free forever," then 50 free. We will see.

Hosted Ticketing/Service Desk
Hosted Remote Access/Control
will both be free without 50 limitation! So we are removing the limitation on Cloud Hosted Ticketing and Cloud Hosted Remote Control/Access.

So, two critical capabilities, Ticketing and Remote Control will NO LONGER have the 50 limitation going forward and will be FREE!

1 Like

Hosted Ticketing/Service Desk
Hosted Remote Access/Control
For payed users (above 50 devices) these were already without limitations and included in the price.

Now its Free with no limitation or payment.

1 Like

So for the already payed licenses/ users there will be no change.
Then those licenses should be getting cheaper instead of more expensive?

Let the old payed users still get what they have now and use the new billing model for new customers.

2 Likes