Itarian Billing Model Change - 2022

Itarian should always be providing more value to its customers in my view.
We do have really accommodating Account Managers. If you get in touch with your account managers, I am sure they will do their best to keep you guys happy :wink:

I know but it would be good to straighten this issue here so that everyone knows what to expect.
And not that it depends on which account manager you have.
And we donā€™t want to explain this every time we renew the license to the account manager.

For me it doesnā€™t change much because I donā€™t use Patch Management and/or MDM functionality but a lot of the already paying users have designed their workload on those features which already were available for years. And now you canā€™t expect them to charge per device unnoticed.

So the most honest way would be if you can note here that for the existing payed users, all these modules are and will be available for them in the future according the agreements we already signed for.

1 Like

As @melih1 has said, people have been quick to jump on the negative on this.

We have the following modules and changes (giving a much bigger picture below!)

[PSA] Portal for ITarian ā€” Currently we are looking at new designs overall (#ITB)

• [HR] Human Resources ā€” Idea / concept added to future plans (#TBC)
  • [CUST] Customer Management ā€” re-write and improve existing editor. In-progress (#ITB)
  • [SUP] Supplier Management ā€” Idea / concept added to future plans (#TBC)
  • And much more!

[RMM] Remote Monitoring and Management (#ITD)

• [PM] Patch Management
  • [MDM] Mobile Device Management (#ITM)
  • [RT] Remote Tools
  • Base monitoring, scripting etc (#ITD)

[RC] Remote Control (#ITB)

[SD] Service Desk

Licenses mentioned above are: -
#ITB = ITarian Basic @ $ FREE
#ITD = ITarian Device @ $ See pricing list
#ITM = ITarian Mobile @ $ See pricing list
#TBC = To Be Confirmed

As you can see we are getting rid of the 50 free devices, but replacing that with unlimited devices for RC. Combining this with free SD and you have a powerful package straight away for supporting your clients.

I cannot give out anymore at the moment as Iā€™m not one for giving false promises; but I can say we do have an exciting future coming to ITarian, let alone our partners like Comodo/Xcitium and what they will bring!

Regards
Robin

Your message is clear.

Let me try to get it clear for me:
I only use the CCS and the remote tool.
For installing and managing the CCS I have to use the RMM feature (for configuring, push notifications and monitoring)
Does that mean that I will be billed extram on top of the license for CCS, for these modules because CCS is using them ("" * Base monitoring, scripting etc (#ITD) ?

And others who use MDM and Patch management will see a triple in costs.

1 Like

EXACTLYā€¦ Comodo have sold us a product (CCS) then put a gun to our heads by making it quite difficult to administer that product, indeed use it as intended, without paying once again for the platform which was supposed to be free for the duration of the CCS licence as a benefit of purchasing CCS. Billing is rapidly approaching with as yet no explanation of how we will admin CCS policies and profiles without having to pay for Itarian.

Hi @ailan

The competition do licensing in two ways

1. Agent based
  2. Device based [Often have a cheaper MDM license as well]

We are doing option 2 which is inline with others in the market.

A few examples for you: -
So if you have 20 PCā€™s with RMM features enabled you will need 20 ITarian Device licenses.
20 PCā€™s with RMM, 5 Mobiles would require 20x ITarian Device and 5x ITarian Mobile
20 PCā€™s running AV would require 20x AV license
20 PCā€™s running AV and RMM = 20x ITarian Device & 20x AV License

I hope this helps and explains a little more. Keeping it simple, your not paying triple the amount and the structure is inline with others in the market.

Hi @elzorillo

If you have a license for a term we should not be effecting you as far as Iā€™m aware but I will check for you and confirm.

Regards
Robin

Hi @RT-AMS-ITarian,

Yes in my example they will pay tripple the amount.

But nevertheless, for the users who only use AV, they must also acquire a RMM license in this new model, because the AV is managed via RMM.

So that is now double the cost.

Or am I wrong?

Now, like itā€™s implemented, Itarian canā€™t be compared with ā€˜others in the marketā€™.

Hi @ailan

I can confirm they will not pay triple, we are as explained the same as other providers under this new license format.

I did not want to name drop, but if you buy NinjaOne or Connectwise or similar you will have one price for RMM and another price for the AV.

We are the same as that, no different I promise you.

The other method this type of solution is sold is per agent, a couple of examples of these are Syncromsp and Atera.

Under our new setup the maximum number of licenses for 1 device you will have is two licence. One for AV and one for ITarian.

If your controlling AV only and not using any RMM or MDM functions you will not have to pay anything more for that device.

There is another license as mentioned above called ā€œITarian Basicā€, but this is a free license given to all so you can access the portal (PSA platform), service desk and Endpoint Manager for device enrollment and remote control.

If you still worried or not sure, either post real information or example here or message me directly and Iā€™ll let you know exact license requirements.

All I need to know is number of Pcs, mobiles, AV licenses, and how many you want RMM (monitors, scripts, etc).

Regards
Robin

Iā€™m sorry Robin but you simply cannot compare Itarian to Ninja or Connectwise re features etc. They are in a different league

Every comparison so far shown is for users with low numbers of endpoints. Once you get over 100 endpoints Itarians pricing model is simply not economically viable when compared to Synco, Atera etc

Is that the market Itarian are aiming for? the sub 100 endpoints?

I have a small number of endpoints compared to manyā€¦ under 300. but still, the Itarian platforms new pricing model will cost 3x that of Syncro, Atera etc.

Just to avoid the hassle of migrating Iā€™d have grudgingly paid a monthly fee for Itarian but not at these rates sorry.

and once again I have to state, charging date rapidly approaches and still no information on how we will handle procedures and profiles for the paid CCS in the promised ā€˜freeā€™ basic platform.

Hi @elzorillo

Please see responses below

Iā€™m sorry Robin but you simply cannot compare Itarian to Ninja or Connectwise re features etc. They are in a different league

I have never compared our feature set to anyone else, just our pricing model.

Every comparison so far shown is for users with low numbers of endpoints. Once you get over 100 endpoints Itarians pricing model is simply not economically viable when compared to Synco, Atera etc

Is that the market Itarian are aiming for? the sub 100 endpoints?

Not at all, and as stated Iā€™m working on this at the moment with no change to published prices. I can use bigger numbers if you wish, I just have been trying to get the model explained.

I have a small number of endpoints compared to manyā€¦ under 300. but still, the Itarian platforms new pricing model will cost 3x that of Syncro, Atera etc.

Just to avoid the hassle of migrating Iā€™d have grudgingly paid a monthly fee for Itarian but not at these rates sorry.

Iā€™m sorry to hear you feel this way.

and once again I have to state, charging date rapidly approaches and still no information on how we will handle procedures and profiles for the paid CCS in the promised ā€˜freeā€™ basic platform.

We are constantly examining everything and if anything changes Iā€™ll be letting all know asap.

@RT-AMS-ITarian Robin

So, for example on Itarian I have the following:

325 paid AEP / CSS licences per month, but not using all for AEP, these are used for the RMM side
Active:
236 x AEP installed
315 x RMM endpoints, pcā€™s and servers
5 x IOS

The 236 with AEP are fully managed and charged back to clients, (and do subsidise the other just RMM endpoints a bit)
So I actually pay for extra licences to cover the RMM for around a third of my devices, just for some remote and the odd script or monitoring, most of this group is not essential nor contracted out, just casual business systems, our geographics has clients as far as 2 hours drive each way, so they are handy to have when required.

What will most new costs be going forward?

Once Iā€™m aware of pricing then I can decide if Iā€™d be better off shifting?
Or reduce RMM to a bare minimum, shifting licences between endpoints as I need to access or use some modules?

For this low volume, the per tech systems are about US$120 month for unlimited endpoints, AV between $0.80 - $1.50.
Kaseya with AV run at $2 each.

I have over 1000 endpoints on a per tech system, zero cost to move over most if not all endpoints to that platform, or one other per endpoint Iā€™m using for specific clients.

At this stage I have not been given any pricing - you are my reselller.
I have not had any contact from anyone in Itarian re pricing expectations moving forward. This is where the confusion and wondering is from, lack of transparent pricing, as well as it appears still sorting out the structures.

The marketplace proposal if genuine, and covers what we use, backups, domains, hosting, vps, licencing 365/gsuite and has some buying power (savings) may help tilt the crowd to stay.
However nothing is setup at this stage, and we donā€™t have a fully working product yet.

I still agree with most comments, let the current rates and products stay as is for current loyal users, new clients can choose to pay the new setup charges, but the system needs to improve quickly otherwise they will also go elsewhere.

Cheers

mcfproservices

2 Likes

Unfortunately reseller stuff not 100% done as of yet either, Iā€™m racing to get this resolved so I can get the team to update yourself and our other direct clients about this.

Iā€™m personally hoping to have this done this week.

1 Like

This has been asked and asked on these forums many have responded. The fact that weā€™re still being asked this just shows that nobody is keeping track of user feedback on these forums. Implement a proper request tracker if you guys are serious about user feedback.

I struggle to see the justification for the price increase especially for endpoints that also deploy AEP. The main incentive to stick with Itarian for both RMM and Security IMO is the discount on EM. Take that away and there is 0 incentive to use those products together.

Also Endpoint Manager hasnā€™t changed much over the years feature-wise. There have been advertised features that have never made it to production or are still in ā€˜betaā€™ and have not been updated in a long time. Many of the feature requests fall on deaf ears and aside from Windows development, there is verry little you can do with EM on Linux and Mac. If there were drastic improvements to the platform to address all this stuff first, you could make the case for a price increase later.

Its very common for vendors to provide MSPs some sort of NFR licensing for their products, which the MSP can use themselves. I still feel that providing MSPs a certain number of NFR full featured licenses - including AEP is a good idea, because it allows would-be MSPs to use the product in-house, learn it, and figure out if it can be part of their service offerings. If you can convince customers to move hundreds of endpoints to your service, youā€™re not losing anything on the dozen or so NFR seats you are giving them.

I dont have much invested in Itarian so itā€™s not a huge loss for me. In the beginning it seemed like a simple, low-barrier entry RMM and security product to use for smaller clients. Sure, I have invested time in learning the platform to see if it could work, but I dont have many endpoints on it for various reasons. Just my 2 cents.

Hi @minntech

I have no issue in saying previous product managers have not listened or collected the requests well.

One of the major tasks I had when I started here was to go through all customer requests, and I shall be honest I got through page one and realised I could waste all my time doing this due to the quantity or do something different (ill explain in a moment)

The reason I believe the current list is bad is due to there being over 8000 requests that have not been well catalogued, and ones that have been done not closed.

So I have taken a new approach to this in that I have drawn up a vision (need to make a post all about this) for the product which I believe is a first for the platform. This vision is from me directly who works and owns an MSP with lots of front line experience.

Now the vision is created I have been making all the requires list to get there, and now we are at the stage of shortly going to release a new feedback system which will log this better to help me steer the platform towards the visions completion.

Iā€™m pleased to say Mac and Linux and solidly on the list to be included.

To give you a heads up Iā€™m half way through a public Roadmap, but Iā€™m working with Dev to make sure my timescales are possible. Also you might notice at the top of the forum is a new feedback button, this has a couple of examples listed so far as examples.

The feedback system is ready, but we are trying to make it authentic against the forum or ITarian so you do not have to make yet another user account to access it, but if you want to use it now feel free.

Part of the reason for price change as discussed above is some missing text from the email which states for continued and improved development.

I hope this insight helps!

Iā€™ve only started evaluating Itarian a month or three ago and had installed only a few endpoints to see how things work - and if they work. Had the first 50 licenses been free forever (as promised) I couldā€™ve played around with this in a large enough scale to see how it fits our mode of work and possibly purchased licenses for the rest of the endpoints (200+). The end result of this billing change was that I uninstalled all of the endpoints I had set up and decided to stay away from ITarian. From what I saw Iā€™m not ready to pay for the product. I might have changed my mind when working with a larger amount of clients, but that weā€™ll never know now.

Iā€™m aware every single other option Iā€™m aware of costs something. I also know that out of the box they do what I need much better. ITarian might perform adequately, but now Iā€™ll never know. I really fail to see what you lose by giving the first X licenses for free. That allows people to get to know the system and to see if itā€™s something theyā€™re willing to use. And if theyā€™re not, theyā€™re not going to pay for it anyway. Small enough businesses to make do with only those 50 free licenses bring expertise to the groups and advertise your product, so they are basically paying you back with that. And if they ever grow bigger, theyā€™ll need to pay for the licenses and at that point they rarely want to move away that easily. Changing the entire company RMM to a new system is a huge task. Iā€™ve done it now 3 times and was looking if ITarian would be the 4th, but now Iā€™m just glad I didnā€™t put more effort into it.

Thank you, good bye.

1 Like

So according to the most recent email on the new billing model, it will begin from 21st Sept.

Still no info on how we will manage our approxā€¦ 250 paid licences for CCS without incurring additional charges.

1 Like

We are sorry to hear you will not be giving us a try.
Please bear in mind that we do offer a full 30 day trial as well as free service desk and remote control.

Good day i only use Comodo Client Security in my pc and only and i use REmote contol app to remote other pc`s i would like to know exactly how its going to be the biling , i will only use , remote control app to remote assist ,and comodo client security in my pc only , please can anyone clarify the biling optipons thank you!

In my experience, 30 days is not enough time to fully try this kind of management platform unless a proper PoC can be set up, which is not usually feasible.

1 Like