ITSM vs Patch Management

Can someone from the Comodo side please address the roadmap for integrating Patch Managment and ITSM? The patch management has been a constant thorn in the side of this solution and for us is a real barrier to adoption. Issues that I’d like responses to are:

• I don’t understand what “install scheduled” means. What actually triggers the update? Is it immediate?
  • Is there something on the roadmap to at least schedule the updates by device?
  • When are we going to be able to setup policies for updates within the ITSM? I have never successfully gotten a policy or procedure to run reliably within the patch management module and gave up when it was announced that of the ITSM is taking the place of Patch Management.
  • Some type of logging and alerting of updates would be helpful. In general setting up logging would be highly beneficial.

Thanks,
Josh

Hello @easterntech50 ,

Thank you for your feedback. We have contacted you by email and we are looking forward to your replies.

I also would like to get an understanding of the questions posed above. Can you please provide. Cheers

@blocka We will contact you by email in order to provide the additional details regarding the questions posted above.

Why only via email and not on this forum for us all to see?

Hello,

To answer your questions:

• “I don’t understand what “install scheduled” means. What actually triggers the update? Is it immediate?”
    We will get back to you with a clearer explanation on what the option does.

• “Is there something on the roadmap to at least schedule the updates by device?”
    Yes, eventually, the currently “standalone” Patch Management module will be integrated in ITSM. The integration will take place somewhere in Q2/Q3 of 2016.

• “When are we going to be able to setup policies for updates within the ITSM? I have never successfully gotten a policy or procedure to run reliably within the patch management module and gave up when it was announced that of the ITSM is taking the place of Patch Management.”
    Current features of Patch Management will be integrated in ITSM and you will have those options there.

• “Some type of logging and alerting of updates would be helpful. In general setting up logging would be highly beneficial.”
    You can currently see notifications in the ITSM Dashboard. Email notifications can also be triggered if you navigate to Settings > Email Notifications.

Hello,

The status ‘Install Scheduled’ corresponds to the period when command to install a particular patch is staying in the queue and waiting to be taken by Comodo One Client - Communication agent (it depends on the parameter ‘Period For Device Get Commands’ in ITSM portal settings). Once it is taken by the device, the status is changed to the one reported by Comodo One Client - Communication agent from Windows status.
This status will be improved in the future to change the name to something more appropriate and easier to understand.