We would like to inform you that we are going to have new releases over Comodo ONE and Comodo Remote Control on Saturday (01/27/2018) morning. Platform will be on maintenance mode for 4 hours, early Saturday. We expect to have no service outage in general. If you observe any brief connectivity issues, please retry later in the day. You can find detailed release notes below.
- Our first release of the New Year sees the addition of a feature which was frequently requested by our users. As Comodo Remote Control (CRC) admins, you asked for detailed activity reports from remote sessions. Specifically, which staff members initiated a session, which devices did they connect to, and for how long were they logged on? Well, we’re pleased to announce audit logs for CRC are now available in ITSM’s ‘Audit Logs’ section. Successful authentication and session attempt logs are also available in audit logs. We look forward to your feedback, so please leave any comments and suggestions in our online forum.
- We also added advanced remote control options to Mac devices which were previously only available for Windows machines. Prior to this release, admins who wished to gain remote control of a Mac were given little choice but to ‘silently’ take control, without giving end-users the ability to refuse the connection. With the profile improvements in this release, admins can now send custom notifications to MAC users to ask for their permission. Four options are available:
- Silent remote control – remote session is initiated without asking for permission (Unattended access)
- Ask permission then allow after XX seconds – End user will be asked to accept the remote session. The session will start automatically if they do not reply within the specified time.
- Ask permission then terminate after XX seconds – End user will be asked to accept the remote session. The session will be closed automatically if they do not reply within the specified time.
- Do not allow remote control – No remote connections will be permitted to devices with this profile.
We look forward to your feedback! So please leave any comments and suggestions below.
Comodo Remote Control