Latest Updates.. July 2019..

Anyone else having problems recently updating CCS (program not signatures)?? I have around 100 endpoints and have sent multiple requests to update and reboot (5mins) over the last couple of days… only 8 endpoints have updated… Even endpoints here in the office… nothing occurs. no warning… nothing.

Hello @Ed_Johnson

We have created a ticket for you in order to investigate further.

With best regards

Just started updating CCC/ICC/EM but not touched CCS as of yet.

Yeah my EM clients update went ok… but the last two releases of CCS (both 11.4) have been VERY very difficult to update… after repeated manual pushes I’d managed to update just 36 of 100+ endpoints to 7615 and in typical comodo fashion yet another release came out before I’d managed to push out the previous one. This one simply refuses to update 99% of the time… seems random… I can send the update request to all endpoints and the odd time one will update (sometimes)… I now have 12 endpoints running the latest 7655. There is no way I’m going through the hassle of sendling endless logs etc to comodo. I’m totally sick of the endless problems. We have loads of endpoints running Eset without a single intervention other than the annual licence renewal. This is not how security software is meant to operate. Week in, week out there are problems created by comodo.

We still do not have all ours up to date as the update system is broken as you say.

We are now two CCS versions behind and happy with its stability, just need this for a while.

Well… I’m resigned to the fact that the majority of our endpoints are still running 11.3. For now we’ll leave it as it is… need some damned stability for a while.

Finally getting somewhere. Discovered that the endpoints dont seem to be recieving the request to reboot when sent alongside the CCS update so nothing happens… no 5 min warning… nothing. If I independently send a reboot command or manually reboot the endpoint, the endpoint reboots and upon rebooting the previously expected 5 min warning immediatelly pops up… then reboots again updating CCS. This behaviour is exibited on all endpoints.

So to summerise my experience for anyone else with the same issue.

Endpoints seem to accept the platform request to update but does not attempt to reboot, nore are there any warnings on the endpoint for the need to reboot. A manual reboot of the endpoint updates CCS.

One weird anomaly… CCS sequentially updates rather than updating to the default selected in the profile. for example…

Endpoint is running 11.3.0.7495
Default in profile is 11.4.0.7655 (auto updating is disabled)
Select update ccs from the platform & manually reboot.
Endpoint is updated to 11.4.0.7615 rather than the default…
Select update ccs from the platform & manually reboot again.
Endpoint is updated to 11.4.0.7655

Bit weird and something seems to have gone wrong with the push update process since 11.4

Hope this helps others… Could anyone attempting updating to 11.4 relay their experience pls.

Hello @Ed_Johnson

We appreciate your feedback and would like to investigate further. We have created a ticket for you requesting some logs in order to check this issue.

With best regards