Linux uninstaller

Hi,

Is there a script that would uninstall the Communication client on Linux machines? There seems only be a install script.

@nikki ,

We will forward your request to our Scripts Team for your request and provide a response as soon as possible.

Thank you!

hi i
Hi,
we have completed the script to uninstall Communication client on Linux machines.
To uninstall client communication from linux you have to run the shell script in terminal on the endpoint indivitually.
The following code is shell script.You need to save this code as .sh format (ex:file.sh)

#!/bin/bash -x

if find /etc/systemd/system/itsm.service -name itsm.service -print -quit|
        grep -q '^';then
        systemctl stop itsm && systemctl disable itsm && rm -f /etc/systemd/system/itsm.service && rm -rf /opt/comodo
        echo "comodo client communication is uninstalled"
elif find /etc/init/itsm.conf -name itsm.conf-print -quit|
       grep -q '^';then
       stop itsm && rm /etc/init/itsm.conf && initctl reload-configuration && rm -rf /opt/comodo
       echo "comodo client communication is uninstalled"
else
    echo "device is not enrolled in itsm"
fi

Then open terminal in the linux,go to the folder of the script using the following command
cd /home/user/Desktop
Then run the script using the following command
sudo sh file.sh
(this might ask you the system password,provide the passwpord if required)
Then the script will uninstall comodo client Communication if the device is enrolled
output will be “comodo client communication is uninstalled”
If the device is not enrolled in the system
output will be “device is not enrolled in itsm”

The above script does not work for me. There are typo’s in it, and in my installation done yesterday, the location of AV is uppercase, where others are lower case. Also, it only uninstalled the communications client and not the Antivirus client. The AV needs a reboot after uninstall to fully remove, so added a prompt as well to ask for reboot now Y/N?

Here is what I came up with that works on my installs for those looking for a full uninstall script like me when I found this post. Will uninstall both communication and security client.

Instructions:
Create a new file in your home directory, call it anything you want IE “comodo_uninstall.sh”, copy the contents of the script below into the new file and save.
Then from a shell prompt, type “sudo chmod +x comodo_uninstall.sh” to make it executable.
From the same shell prompt in the folder where this file was created, type: “sudo ./comodo_uninstall.sh”
This was tested in xubuntu 18.04.3 LTS (running xfce desktop), installing the newest comodo communication client and antivirus dated 11/8/19 version 2.2.1.444

#!/usr/bin/env bash

if find /etc/systemd/system/itsm.service -name itsm.service -print -quit|
    grep -q '^';then
    systemctl stop itsm && systemctl stop cmdavd && systemctl disable itsm && systemctl disable cmdavd && rm -f /etc/systemd/system/itsm.service && rm -rf /opt/COMODO && rm -rf /run/comodo && rm -rf /etc/xdg/menus/applications-merged/comodo-comodo.menu && rm -rf ~/Desktop/comodo-ccs.desktop
    echo ""
    echo "***COMODO CLIENT COMMUNICATION IS UNINSTALLED***"
    echo ""
    read -p "REBOOT IS NEEDED, PERFORM NOW? Y/N " -n 1 -r
    echo    
    if [[ $REPLY =~ ^[Yy]$ ]]
    then
        /sbin/reboot
    fi
elif find /etc/init/itsm.conf -name itsm.conf-print -quit|
    grep -q '^';then
    stop itsm && rm /etc/init/itsm.conf && initctl reload-configuration && rm -rf /opt/COMODO && rm -rf /run/comodo && rm -rf /etc/xdg/menus/applications-merged/comodo-comodo.menu && rm -rf ~/Desktop/comodo-ccs.desktop
    echo ""
    echo "***COMODO CLIENT COMMUNICATION IS UNINSTALLED***"
    echo ""
    read -p "REBOOT IS NEEDED, PERFORM NOW? Y/N " -n 1 -r
    echo    
    if [[ $REPLY =~ ^[Yy]$ ]]
    then
        /sbin/reboot
    fi    
else
    echo ""
    echo "***DEVICE IS NOT ENROLLED IN ITSM***"
    echo ""
fi

Hi @copperstate,

Thanks for your valuable input. Our script developers improved the script and published here
https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend/web/topic/uninstall-endpoint-manager-communication-client-in-linux-devices

Please check and provide your feedback.

Kind Regards,
PremJK