Monitoring Free Disk Space

Hoping someone can help clarifying the Disk Space monitoring condition…

The “Free space left on all drives” condition, does that actually mean a condition in which all drives are considered cumulatively, or would it be more accurately described as “Free space left on any drive”?

Thanks,

Scott

Hi @Scott

It should be total disk space on the entire disk (all drives, cumulative).

Ilker

Thanks, that’s what I was thinking, but really don’t see how it’s all that useful.

As an example, if I have a system with 4 disks, each 100GB, one of them could be 100% full while the others are maybe 50% full, there is no condition in which an alert would be generated for this very common scenario…or is there something I’m missing?

The distinction right now is on the system disk and others. So, having limited space on system disk is the biggest issue I assume as well as having limited space in total storage.

However, we can always provide more options to select a disk drive letter to monitor in here as well. My only concern would be getting noisy alerts since selected drive letters might be used on optical devices on different computers…

Please let us know if you see it beneficial in any case. We can capture it as improvement request.

Ilker

It would be incredibly useful to have a default rule that monitors disk space on individual volumes.

Hi @jcaston , @Scott

Thank you very much for providing us your suggestion for a Product Improvement. Your input is important to us as it will help to improve the usefulness of C1 for the entire users’ community. We have submitted your request to our product team where they will review it and determine where it will fit best on the product road-map. You can expect to hear back in less than 10 business days with a time-frame for the planned implementation.

We will also send you an email for updates.