New Library of Automation Procedures : https://scripts.comodo.com

IT is an ever-changing landscape. As managed service providers (MSPs), you are more aware of this than anyone! The importance of automation cannot be overlooked.

This is why we’re excited to announce a new library for automation procedures. This can be accessed from our webpage - https://scripts.comodo.com

Why is automation so vital in this market? It provides a way to deliver immediate as well as long-term benefits, including cost reductions, efficiency gains, higher profits and faster growth.

With the high levels of MSP competition, it is vital to keeping operational costs low. People are naturally drawn to service providers who provide the most bang for their buck. IT automation helps to eliminate unnecessary costs, as well as eliminate menial tasks and costly redundancies. This optimizes time for skilled employees to apply their knowledge to more crucial tasks.

Driving down costs and optimizing productivity empowers MSPs to become more competitive. This results in more business and higher profits. As IT automation is scalable, it allows for sustainable growth without having to be hit by additional expense.

I saw @melih 's post on LinkedIn, NICE!!

Can I ask one feature request for the future of Procedures?? Can we have a way to, when running a procedure simultaneously on multiple endpoints, AGGREGATE the log results into one file?

For example, if I want to run the “check Bitlocker status of drives” procedure and select a hundred machines, I would like to get one single report/log file back with the results of all 100 machines.

This may require some scripts to be re-written somewhat to output their data in more of a single line CSV type format, but this would be super handy for all kinds of different audits etc. Since some machines may not report back and some may report back faster than others you probably want to have a “5-10 minute window” the scripts run before the ‘final’ report/output is generated, ideally showing which selected endpoints did not report back before the window closed also.

Does this make sense?

Hi indieserve

Yes, Great feedback! Thank you.

For now, you can see log results of multiple endpoints in one place rather than one file.

We will forward your request to concern team and keep you update!

Thanks

Hi mkanna, where do I find them in one place? I thought I had to look at the log for each individual endpoint?

Hi @indieserve

Please refer this screenshot

Ahh yes, I see. That’s a little more convenient. Thanks. Maybe then, I revise my feature request. If you could put selector buttons in the execution log events, have some buttons for tasks like deleting multiple logs, but also one that says “concatenate” or “Combine” or “download as a single file” that would be cool. Then no worries about the 5-10 minute window logic I talked about, after “some time” of letting the procedure run you could just go there and check the results. Though it would be nice to know what machines failed to run the procedure within a reasonable amount of time also (especially in the case where you might be using the procedures to run an audit on something).

Hi @indieserve

We will take a note of your feedback with the initial request. We will try to figure out the best and update you the progress.

Thanks,
Kannan

Hi ,
when to choose to run a script as localsystem user and when as local user ?
Thanks

Hi @datalink,

Local System User executes script for all users in the device and also script works when device is in locked state. Most of the script works for system user except some script like to changing current user registry, Change Computer Background Image.

Note: Our script developers have mentioned in the scripts description whether the script work for system user or logged in user.

Kind Regards,
PremJK