New User and One Man Show

Hi. I’m Eric Bowen. Yes, that’s my real name; I made the decision back during the days of CompuServe and Commodore 64s that I would not conceal my identity online. I understand that there are very real risks to this decision; I accept those risks.

I’ve been jocularly known as the “Family IT guy” for many years now. Well, now it’s not so jocular. Although I live alone (but there’s always hope!), I have 6 PCs, two of which are dual-boot (Windows/Linux), which I use in a part-time home-based video business…digitizing VHS and 8mm/Hi8 video tapes, 16mm/Super 8/Regular 8 film movies, cassette tapes, LPs, and similar legacy media. In addition I manage the online activities of my church and I also self-host a website devoted to classic railroad timetables…search on “Streamliner Schedules” if you’re interested (it might be bad net-manners to link to my own site in my first post!).

I’ve used Comodo Internet Security Pro for the past two and a half years, but when looking for a rate for multiple licenses for all these machines plus a few more belonging to my parents and their real estate management activities Comodo quoted me a good price and I accepted, effective this past Monday. I’m still learning the ropes and I’ve got a few questions already, but so far I’m happy with my purchase. See you around.

Hi Eric,

Nice to meet you Eric! I’m Zeynep, Product Manager of CIS. Welcome to Comodo Internet Security family, we really appreciate you joining us. We have great upcoming news for you in the previous sprints.

Please share your questions or feedbacks at any time.

Regards,
Zeynep.