prevent users from deleting files or folders

Hello. Thanks to comodo, I can prevent users from plugging USB memory into their computers. Now is what I want to do. I want to prevent users from deleting their files and folders on their computers. What can I do for that. Could you help.

Hi @hguler07 ,

Thanks for your script request. We have asked our script developers to analyse and provide feedback.

Kind Regards,
​​​​​​​PremJK

Thank you so much. I expect good news from you
I wish you good work.
Kind Regards,

Hi @hguler07,

Please try this script and let us know if works as expected
https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend/web/topic/script-to-prevent-users-from-deleting-files-or-folders

Kind Regards,
PremJK

@hguler07 A different approach would be to restrict users from saving to anywhere other than their Desktop, Documents etc. folders and then:

• in a Domain environment use Folder Redirection on these folders and take regular backups of the server
  • In an Azure AD environment, turn on OneDrive to backup users folders and use a 3rd party service to backup OneDrive regularly
Using the above methods you will capture and hold the documents the users create and still allow good housekeeping on the computers..

Hi @hguler07,

Sorry, Our script developers informed that its not possible to achieve your request with script.

The third party to disable the delete from windows original content menu is not feasible since third party doesn’t support command line parameter passing , It can only accessed by GUI .The Third party app we tried is prevent v1.0 Which has option to disable delete button but doesn’t support command line parameter passing. There are many third party apps but it doesn’t disable delete button expect for prevent .Other third party app can only remove 3rd party app menu or add new menu to content menu.

Windows predefined regedit doesn’t have function to disable delete option,It can only remove some of predefined menu from the content menu such as send to ,share but not delete .

The above Script need to pass folder location and username, which doesn’t need to deleted by the user .Permission is applicable for only that folder.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Thank you very much for your time and for informing me. I just wanted to ask. I wonder if this is possible. You could ignore it, but you contacted your team and made research and informed me about it. I think comodo is the best antivirus program I’ve seen. I would like to thank you for supporting us by opening such a forum.

I wish you good work.
Best regards

Hi @hguler07,

Thanks a lot of taking time to provide your support. We are happy to serve you.

Kind Regards,
PremJK