Problems with service monitoring

Monitoring services seems to be reporting that the service has stopped when it hasn’t.

I created a profile with a monitor that checks to see if a specific service is running using the pre-written template, then applied it to a few machines for testing. I began receiving alerts regularly that the service stopped on those various machines at different times, so I assumed that the service was stopping and restarting on its own. I then proceeded to create a second profile and monitor that included necessary Exchange services and applied it to an Exchange server. Now, every 5 minutes I get an alert that the services have stopped but they haven’t. I have confirmed with various methods that the services aren’t stopping, including setting up additional service monitoring, and everything is causing the services to alert as if they are stopped.

Hello @mschubeck,

We thank you for sharing with us your observation of this unusual behavior of monitoring services.
We will communicate with you shortly via email for the process in resolving this case.

Thank you.

Thanks for following up with me by email. I think I found the problem already, and it appears to be my error. I sifted through all of the tickets and discovered that they were all for 1 service that I accidentally included in the monitor set, and it indeed is a service whose default property is to stay stopped unless triggered. I removed it from the monitor and everything seems to be working correctly again.

Hello @mschubeck,

We are glad to hear that the issue is now resolved. If you have other issues or questions please do not hesitate to reach us here in the forums or through c1-support@comodo.com.

Thank you.

Hi! I am also looking for a script/procedure to monitor exchange services, and wonderinf if you can share the script. thank you

Hi @gracie ,

We will forward this request to our Script Developers and we’ll get back to you as soon we have updates. Thank you.

thank you @Jordan_C i also have a question, i am using monitors, and adding services that i need to monitor. for the Auto remediation on alert, run procedure, is there a procedure i can use to start the service that is not running based on the conditions? i found procedures that i have to put the service name first. how about if using monitors and i put all services to monitor and i want it to try to start the service detected not running? is there a script available that will start any service under my monitoring conditions?

Hello @gracie, we will collect information from our script developers and provide you with an update as soon as possible via the support ticket that was created by Jordan.

Thank you.