Profile to allow the user to whitelist without password or local admin

Hi,

Is it possible to create a profile where the user can whitelist files that goes to the containment without to set a password or be local admin?

I need this profile, just for one device.

Thanks.

Hi @Noiden ,

We thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. Comodo is committed to your satisfaction and we, in C1 Support, will work with our product development team to ensure the best possible response. After the team has reviewed your issue, we will pass along any additional updates.

Hi @Noiden

Yes, it is possible. We have to change ‘Client access control’ settings for this. Please do select “Enable local user to override profile configuration” from extra options.

Reference https://help.comodo.com/topic-399-1-786-11186-Client-Access-Control.html

Thanks

Hi @mkannan ,

I have tried that, but for that option I need to have the “Require Password” enabled and I don’t want that or maybe I do, I wan’t it to be easy for the user to whitelist his programs. But I might give him a password then, so he think’s twice before white-listening something.

Hi @Noiden ,

We will further investigate this issue and we will get back to you as soon as possible through email.

Hi @Noiden,

If you enable the Show File List setting on the ITSM->Configuration Templates->Profiles->UI Settings menu. The end user can see the unrecognized (to be contained) files in CCS->Settings-> File List and rate them as trusted. You don’t have to set password for this.

But only the problem can be that if you change the rating of these files as Malware on the portal, this admin rating will overrule the endpoint users rating.

Thanks
AhmetEnes

Hi @ahmetenes ,

Thanks for the info. But will that white-listening save on the computer if I don’t have the “Enable local user to override profile configuration” check in Client Access Control?

@Noiden

Yes, “Enable local user to override profile configuration” setting is focused on the profile configurations like enable/disable modules, change default rules etc. File ratings are kept even if it is disabled.

AhmetEnes

Hi @Noiden . We had send you an email about this subject. Please check your mailbox. Thanks.