Request for a Script to be run a Windows 10 system Remotely

HI All,

I am hoping you can help me with installing the Communication Client Remotely.

My Current Situation is that we have one system with the Communication client already installed.
They do not have a Windows AD Domain, to allow GP to install using the Bulk Installation tool.
We are taking over from a previous incumbent IT provider.
We have the local admin username & password.

1. I would like to install the Communication client to all Windows systems.

then either
a. create a new local admin account/password, or
b. rename & create a new password for this renamed local admin account.

my thoughts on this would be that there are 2 procedures.
first, to install the Communications Client, and
second, to renamed/create the local admin account

I have read through some of the other posts, but these do not provide the necessary procedure to accomplish this, but as I am new to Itarian, I may have missed something.

are you able to help by providing the script(s)?

thanks in advance

Hello @er-go ,

In order to achieve the request, please use the script below but the endpoints should be on active directory :
https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend/web/topic/create-an-ad-user-account

Next is to perform bulk enrollment through Endpoint Manager
https://wiki.itarian.com/frontend/web/topic/how-to-use-the-bulk-installer-package-to-enroll-multiple-devices-via-active-directory

KRegards,

the scripts are nice,but they both require the system to be a member of an AD Domain, I have many customer now who are moving away from On-Premise AD domains, and are just connected to Azure AD and do not have a defacto AD Domain Controller to be able to deploy the software, I can do this, but if I do not have access to each system individually I am unable to deploy software to them.

We understand your need in making this feat possible. How about another suggestion.

#1 Installing the Communication Client

Comodo script procedures can be used only when the devices are enrolled successfully. The script solution for your first query will not work considering network and security issues. But in this case, fortunately, we have a solution within EM Portal itself that we can present.

Steps to follow:

Step 1: Discover devices using SNMP or Probe device:
Comodo scripts can be used only when the devices are enrolled successfully. Script solution for your first request will not work considering network and security issues. we have a solution within EM Portal itself that we can present.

Steps to follow:

Step 1: Discover devices using SNMP or Probe device:

The network discovery feature lets you scan networks by IP and SNMP to identify all endpoints in the network which are active and healthy through the IP ranges.

Step:2 Create a bulk installer package (.msi) to install the Communication Client on the discovered devices group.

Step:3 Use Comodo Auto-Deployment Tool available in the C1/ITarian portal to deploy the installer by specifying Network addresses or range of addresses of discovered devices

Please refer below wiki for step 2 and 3
https://wiki.itarian.com/frontend/web/topic/how-to-enroll-discovered-devices-to-endpoint-manager

#2 Creating or renaming local admin account.

From here on, we can have our Script Developers assist us with a request for your specific needs. Please let us know your thoughts

The auto deployment tool should work with no issues even outside of an AD environment if you know the username and password for the devices.

If the same username and password for all devices you can discover and deploy in one go, but remember to put
.\username

As this will say use local domain / computer for authentication.

If the details are different on each machine you can still use it but will need to do PC by PC.