RMM issues

Hello, everybody, I am an admin working remotely for a school in Opava, Czech Republic and I use the ITSM + RMM console for supporting the users and machines.

I would like to discuss a few problems with the RMM console:

1. Remote desktop:
    1a: When using remote desktop, the framerate is slow over WAN, slowing the work to an unbearable level. However, when I use the VPN, it improves.
    1b: The module does not capture keys well. It does not recognize Tab, enter on the numeric part of the keyboard, Czech characters (ěščřžýáíé…), the keystrokes stay hanging sometimes (totally annoying! You press ctrl, shift or alt, release it, however, it stays pressed), normal characters are sometimes not captured (perfect when logging into the server…), sometimes they stay pressed for a few seconds as well, so you get a duplicate press, the WIN (super) key does not only work for the remote desktop, but for yours as well, the same for shortcuts (Alt+F4, CTRL+SHIFT+DEL, etc…). Please, this is an urgent bug.
    1c: Preview mode is crashing.
    1d: The plugin does not remember its last settings, quite annoying…it would be perfect, if it could remember the settings for each PC.
    1e: show partner’s cursor would be appreciated
    1f: When connecting to partner’s desktop, it would be helpful to enable the partner accept or decline the connection and show the predefined message. Enable the admin to force the connection in case the user declines.

2. RMM Console:
    2a: when you use the collapsed (small) version of the console, it mixes the names of PCs, cannot be sorted alphabetically
    2b: renaming of the PC in ITSM does not rename the PC in the RMM console
    2c: remember the last setting of sorting and window mode (I preffer collapsed version)
    2d: when closing the RMM console after wake up from sleep, it cannot be closed (“Closing” forever)

As well, I would appreciate the Android app of the console as I am constantly on the move.

Thank you.

Marek

Hi @marek.snapka

I have forwarded your reports to our support team. They will get in touch with you shortly .

Thanks,
Kannan

Another problem. Despite I define paths to ignore in containment, they are not ignored. When I turn off the containment on the machine manually e.g. for 60 minutes, the profile overwrites it in a minute and tells me to bugger off. I hope that those issues will not end at the support, but that the development team will take immediate actions to fix the problem.

Hello @marek.snapka ,

We have contacted you over email regarding the issues reported above.

Originally Posted by marek.snapka
Another problem. Despite I define paths to ignore in containment, they are not ignored. When I turn off the containment on the machine manually e.g. for 60 minutes, the profile overwrites it in a minute and tells me to bugger off. I hope that I can write my essay today and those issues will not end at the support, but that the development team will take immediate actions to fix the problem. Update: I have received an email from support. Now I know what to do.

Hello, could you please share the solution? I tried to reset containment remotely on endpoints, but failed. I followed the steps from here: https://help.comodo.com/topic-459-1-…-Settings.html
I wanted to ask the support agents, but I could not sign in to my Total NOC Support account.

Hi @GrantWilson,

Can you please share the error you get when you reset the containment and also explain more about the issues you have.

Kind Regards,
PremJK