Roadmap 2022

Goodmorning,

Is there a roadmap for 2022?

And hopefully one that can be implemented in time: a lot of already promised important features from 2021 are still not live and functional:
-Android remote app
-Working reports (basic and/or so called ‘advanced’). Now they’re useless.
-More intuitive navigation throughout the different logs.
There just have to be an easier way to whitelist files/ apps from a warning message. Please put direct action buttons in the received email regarding the detected object.

And so on…

Thanks

Hi @ailan ,

We will share the roadmap for Q1 2022. Currently, we are working on it.

Thank you very much for pointing this out.
Best Regards,
Cakil

I completely agree with all of @ailan points. Can we also include add the ability to view live Event Viewer access via Remote Tools? This feature is available in nearly all modern RMM’s and such a beneficial necessity. Currently, I’m investigating an issue with a remote machine, but cannot remote into it at the moment. To view Event Viewer activity I have no choice but to run scripts. This takes unnecessary time and effort. Thanks for listening!

1st Q is nearly over.
Is it better to rephrase this question and ask for the Roadmap for 2023 already?

Hello,

The Q1 release plan has been published under the Release Announcements section. Currently, we are working on the Q2 plan. The Q2 scope will be published in May. Thank you so much for your feedback. We will check them for adding them to our roadmap.

Best Regards,

Hi @cakilinac,

Thanks for your feedback.
The Q1 Release plan was original the Release Candidate for March and was renamed 2 weeks ago.
You are now working for the Q2 plan?

in January you posted that you were working on the Roadmap for 2022.
How come it’s still not there?
What happened with all the promised implementations from 2021 and 2020?
When can we expect some improvements?

I have to say that it looks like all the actions are slowing down and postponed.

Regards

Hi @ailan ,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback and helping us to improve the platform. Your feedbacks are so valuable to us.

We will have the Q1 Major Release in April. We share our release plans quarterly to give you a clearer picture.

We have selected features, which are requested, for the Q2 release and I am looking forward to sharing them with you in May. At the moment, I can say that you will see more features and improvements in the Q2 release announcement.

Best Regards,
Çakıl

Hi @cakilinac ,

Thanks for your reaction.
So no roadmap for 2022? only per quater?

Can you then tell what happened to these requests and when they will be implemented?

-App for Android/IOS to remote into devices
-This was announced already for a few years, but planned for 2021 Q1,Q2. See roadmap 2021.

-Change the email so that there’s more info about the device, and the name of the threat/virus/malware and a direct link to the log-entry and action buttons in it?
-In sept 2020, @zeynepyildirim stated: This feature is also in our roadterm. And we are planning to deliver it in midterm.

And so there are many more features still not implemented.

Hope you see my concern about BASIC features still not implemented and only being told that it will be. In the end, we all want to improve the platform, so please do something with all the feedbacks.

Hi @ailan ,

We will continue publishing release scopes quarterly to provide you with clear information.

I am checking these features and will inform you.

Best Regards,
Cakil

Hi @cakilinac

Please do.
Thanks in advance.

Hi All,
How about adding Direct Powershell Scripting ? Stuffing Powershell withing Python seems off.

I am also for this.

While you can wrap powershell commands in python, it takes a lot of troubleshooting to make sure the quoting of the commands are done correctly in the python script, especially when you are using quotes within the powershell command. It seems if you get the wrong combination the command doesnt run correctly. I myself and a noob when it comes to python so it could be a lack of understanding but to have a dedicated powershell module built in would be awesome.

Goodmorning @cakilinac,

Do you already have some info regarding the implementation-time for mentioned features?

(-App for Android/IOS to remote into devices
-This was announced already for a few years, but planned for 2021 Q1,Q2. See roadmap 2021.

-Change the email so that there’s more info about the device, and the name of the threat/virus/malware and a direct link to the log-entry and action buttons in it?
-In sept 2020, zeynepyildirim stated: This feature is also in our roadterm. And we are planning to deliver it in midterm.)

Hi everyone,

Thank you so much for your waiting. Please see the below approximate ETAs for the requested features.

-Change the email so that there’s more info about the device, and the name of the threat/virus/malware and a direct link to the log-entry and action buttons in it? -> This is in our short term (6 months) plan.
-App for Android/IOS to remote into devices -> This is in our long term (more than 18 months) plan.

• Powershell scripting -> This is in our long term (more than 18 months) plan.

Best Regards,

Hi @cakilinac ,

Thanks for replying.

It is very sad to hear that the long awaited app is still not being available on short period.
Several times it was said to be planned to be implemented already… And now it’s on your long term plan.
Hope you see our concerns about all the promised features and thats why I was so eager to see a roadmap for the whole year.
But you’re now telling that the app won’t be available before 2024!!!

Come on Itarian, these are basic features that every other RMM platform should have and after all these years you still can’t deliver?

Please do implement all the basics functions and fix the broken ‘features’ which aren’t working.

Improvements are getting slower and slower in my opinion after switching the paid model…
It’s really sad.

Am I the only ‘user’ who has concerns regarding this?
Hope that other MSP’s also can leave their thoughts about this.

I’m afraid that is the same thoughts I have.

Its such a shame as I personally like the system, most functions are enough to use day to day, BUT many others functions, updates, on the roadmap are lacking or missing.

Honestly if we stopped using the comodo security product, I’d swap all these devices over to one of the other platforms that we also use.
We have roughly 300 + endpoints on here, total about 1500 on another platform.

Mind you they are not one size fits all, nor are they a perfect fit for our business needs, but they just work in general and techs tend to go to them first.

Our platform cannot do a basic - device went online, device is back online alert - the others just do it so much better and you never need to go to the portal to check a status, the email or push alert is all that’s required.
Scripting, I tend to use the powershell run method inside the procedure - but often its contained or does not work as expected all the time, the other rmm’s, it just works.
Remote access, Itarian is solid and works well, restricted to 50mb file copies etc, but NO mobile app?
Logs- now that’s just messy trying to find security contained or alerts, cannot do from the emails, the portal has links and stuff but rarely a direct - this is what we found, this is why we did x, this is what you need to do to allow or confirm etc.
Web filtering - no just forget it, use another product as its on the device not the portal.
A lot more but you get the idea.

We always need to keep another rmm and remote system on systems, as this platform does not quite allow for 100% usage in real world usage.
Paying for dual systems just does not make sense longer term.

I subcontract and as such have exposure and use a couple of the other platforms.

mcfproservices

Hello @ailan, @mcfproservices .
I believe you have noticed that collection of all the requirements from the forums has been reinitiated and we are now working on the new plan of delivering those.
Definitely it’s not going to be done all at once, but I hope you will like that updates will come faster and the items that you are highlighting are in the scope.

Kind regards.