Script has stopped working. Why?

I have a script that uses a Powershell command to install the Chocolatey package manager. Sometime over the past month or so, this script has stopped working without any apparent explanation. I have tried executing it as both LocalSystem and Logged-In User (where the logged in user was the built-in Administrator account and not just a user who was a member of the Administrators group), and with UAC completely disabled, and ExecutionPolicy permanently set to Bypass, but running the script (yes, I do allow time for it to execute) and then typing “choco” in a PS window returns the “Not recognized as a cmdlet…” error.

This problem persists after a reboot.

I use this script to assist in provisioning new systems and I use similar scripts to push software using Chocolatey, one of which now fails part of the way through the list of packages to install with Chocolatey.

These scripts used to work fine, what changed?

20190325-Install-Chocolatey.json (1.58 KB)

HI @MAX_Ladd, can you provide us a copy of the said script for us to check with our development team. Thanks.

We will forward your concern @MAX_Ladd to the script development team for further analysis. Rest assured that we will get back to you as soon as we get word from the team.