Script to set up USER registry key

Hello,

I need to write the registry key

Key: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Edge
Name: MicrosoftEditorProofingEnabled
Value: 0

Bear in mind the registry key must be in Current User and not Local Machine
Since this procedure is Current User, it would need to check if the user is logged in. If not, it should wait for the user to log in and then apply the reg key
If the machine is offline, the procedure should stay queued until the machine is turned on.

Thank you.

Hi @Gorthan ,

Welcome to our Forum community. We have asked our script developer to investigate your request and update its feasibility.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @Gorthan ,

Please import this JSON file and run the script, please test and update your feedback.
Set Registry key.json (2.6 KB)

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hello,
This is exactly what I needed, thank you.

Now, is it possible to schedule this procedure to be run every time a group of computers boot up instead of scheduling it every time?

Hi @Gorthan ,

We have asked our script developers to share their input on your request.

Kind regards,
PremJK

Hello,

Do you have any update on this?

Hi @Gorthan ,

We have asked our script developers again about your query.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @Gorthan ,

Please try this new updated script and update whether script works as expected
Updated Set registry Key Script.json (1.8 KB)

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Erm… no. It does not work for two different reasons:
the Startup entry is ran at LOGIN. I would like it to happen at BOOT, before login

I would like to associate a procedure to a device group in XCitium, and that procedure should run AUTOMATICALLY for ALL computers on the group at each reboot.
When I add a new computer to the device group (i.e.CL-CORP-DESKTOPS), the procedure should run AUTOMATICALLY without the engineer to trigger it manually.

Please advise if your platform is able to perform my request

Hi @Gorthan ,

The script developers shared that as you requested to add a key in HKEY_CURRENT_USER which means a user should be logged in so without logging in we can’t add that key while booting.

Kind Regards,
PremJK