We are relatively new to the ITarian platform; as in less than 2 months. We’re having an odd issue with a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine in that it will not update the Software inventory list. Because of this, ITarian keeps offering the same third-party patch for UltraVNC. We have confirmed from the server console and using another inventory software package that it is indeed running the latest version that ITarian had already pushed. If it would just update the Software Inventory, then it would no longer offer this particular patch.
We’ve tried initiating the “Update Software Inventory” from the web console, and rebooting the server, as well as flushing temp files and restarting the various ITarian/Comodo services. Unless someone has a different suggestion, our next step would be to reinstall the ITarian Communications Client.
I wondered if there were some temp files in the C:\Program Files (x86)\COMODO\Comodo ITSM\ folders that could be flushed, or some other mechanism to force a new inventory scan from the server itself?
@davidc1 Hello Fellow ITarian,
Thank you for reporting this case and we apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused you. Since you mentioned that you have already restarted the services to refresh the device and the inventory did not populate still, we have created a support ticket to investigate further. Please check your forum registered email for further correspondence for some details.
We found a solution to this problem. Today, I just happened to stumble across a Windows 7 Pro workstation that had this exact symptom. Being a workstation, I had more flexibility to try things than I could with the production server where we first encountered this problem. We found that the ITarian function to “Update Software Inventory” was working after all. The issue was with UltraVNC itself. Apparently during the last patch upgrade, it had not removed the Installer and Uninstaller references to the old UltraVNC version from the registry.
Using regedit, we removed these two registry entries that reference the old UltraVNC version (ver 1.0.962):
Afterwards, we did another Update Software Inventory from the ITarian portal, and it then displayed the correct UltraVNC version (ver 22.214.171.124).
We are glad to know that everything is now working fine on your end.