Testing Scenario - Move Enrolled Device to Different Owner and Company

Can I change the owner and company of an enrolled device without uninstalling and redeploying the agent from a new user’s enrollment link?

Hello @deznik ,

At the moment this is not possible, however we have escalated these features and we have created a ticket for you in which we will let you know as soon as these features become available.
Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Thar would be an essential operational feature since this results in more operation time consumption and without it the productivity very well goes down the drain. I am guessing the Comodo Team would be prioritizing this?

They told me June. For now, you have to completely uninstall the agent and reinstall it under the new user.

“We are pleased to inform you that the resolution to the problem you brought to our attention (Feature Request: Ability to transfer a device from an user to another in CDM) is scheduled to be included in our upcoming release due on (30/Jun/16).”

I too am looking forward to this BUG being addressed.

Hello @marc1990 ,

We have added your case to the escalated issue and we will get back to you as soon as the function will be implemented. Thank you for your patience!

I too am looking for this essential feature , it’s too tricky now

Hello @server.asyscom ,

Thank you for your feedback. We have added your request to the already escalated issue and will get back to you when it will become available.

Hello @deznik ,

Regarding the previous request - Add possibility to change Owner of the device - this has already been implemented in ITSM.
In ITSM, we don’t associate devices directly with companies but we are associating them with users so basically the devices would be under users and users would be under companies.
Changing the owner of a device after deployment can now be done so that even if you enrol all devices on a MSP admin, you can assign them later on to the appropriate user.