Uninstall Comodo Client Security asking for reboot

Hi Support Team!

I’m trying to uninstall Client security without uninstalling Client Communication, but I need to ask the user for a reboot and allow the user to postpone it.

I’ve already tried the usual scripts (running as System User) and both work as intended, so I can uninstall it with a reboot or without a reboot, but I see no option for allowing the user to postpone the necessary reboot.

So I would need a script to “Uninstall Comodo Client Security from Endpoint with optional Reboot”, which asks the user to reboot the computer but allows the user to postpone the reboot. Also, it would be OK to force the reboot at the end of the day in case the user has not manually rebooted the computer by then.

Can you please create such script?

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Regards,
– Javier Llorente
Devoteam - Endpoint Security

Hi @DevoteamEndpointSecu,

Thanks for your script request. We have asked our script developers to provide script for your request.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Hi @PremJkumar,

Any update on this topic? We have a support contract, so if it’s necessary I can open you a ticket for this, just to track and manage this script request.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help!

Regards,
– Javier Llorente
Devoteam \ Endpoint Security

Sorry for delay. Our script developers are working on it. We will share you the script once, script is available.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

Please try this script prepared by our script developers to suffice your needs and let us know your feedback.

Thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,
PremJK

20200929-Imported-Uninstall-Security-with-reboot.json (5.48 KB)

Hi @PremJkumar

I have downloaded and tested the script. Well, it does not really ask the user, it adds a scheduled task to reboot the computer at 23:00, thus giving the user enough time to finish his daily job. Though this is not what we wanted, it’s a neat workaround that can be useful and has given us some ideas, thanks a lot for your help.

Just in case something else has this issue, we have finally done the communication part by launching the shutdown command with the message, then we cancel the first command after a short delay and finally we launch a shutdown command with an 8 hours timeout. We have to do it this way because the shutdown.exe command does not show the custom comment if the timeout is greater than 600 seconds, so the first one is just to show the message to the logged-in user. Code snippet follows.

print "%s has been uninstalled successfully" % name
print "Showing Warning message"
os.popen(r'shutdown.exe -r -t 600 -f -c "Your computer needs to be rebooted to finish the antivirus installation. Please save and close all your documents and reboot your computer. In case you don''t reboot your computer, your computer will be automatically rebooted in 8 hours."')
time.sleep(30)
print "Scheduling the restart of the Endpoint"
os.popen(r'shutdown.exe -a')
os.popen(r'shutdown.exe -r -t 28800 -f')

This has been tested and is working for us. Hope this will be helpful to someone else. :slight_smile:

Regards,
– Javier Llorente
Devoteam \ Endpoint Security

Thanks for sharing your idea. We will share your code with our script developers.

Kind Regards,
PremJK