Comodo python procedures are available in ‘Predefined Procedures’ Folder. Additionally, ITSM User can create custom python procedure and run the same over enrolled devices.
Step: Go to “Configuration Templates” > “Procedures” > “Create” > “Create Script Procedure” and fill the form
- Procedure name - Type procedure name
- Description - Type description of the procedure
- Folder - Choose folder from the drop-down [Default value is My Procedure]
- Click Create button - To submit the form
Step : Go to “View Procedure” tab and Click the ‘Edit’ icon
- Paste or type your python script using the text editor
- User can also use the existing procedure with the new procedure by the steps below
- Click Add Existing Script button
- Type the name of the existing script
- Choose the script and Click Add button
- Once the script gets loaded into the text editor, modify and save the procedure
- Click Save button to save the script
Click Save button to save the script
Step . Review and Approve the procedure by Clicking Ready to Review and Approve icon one after another
Step : To run the procedure over “Selected Devices” or “All devices”, follow the steps below.
A) Go to ‘Configuration Templates’ > ‘Procedures’ and Choose the procedure from the list
B) Click ‘Run’ icon
C) Choose “All devices” to run the procedure over all devices or Choose Selected Devices to execute the procedure over selected devices.
D) Select "Run as system user’ to run the procedure as ITSM user (Administrator privilege) or Select ‘Run as logged in user’ to run the procedure as logged in user from the local machine.
E) Click ‘Run’ button to apply the procedure for the devices.
F) To Check procedure logs, follow the below steps
- Go to "Execution Log" tab
- Click 'Details' link for more details for the specific log
- Click (...) the Expand icon to view complete output of the execution
Step : To run the procedure from the specific device, follow the steps below,
A) Go to “Devices” > “Device List”
B) Click the specific device from the table
C) Click “Run Procedure” button
D) Once the popup form presents, Type and Choose required procedure from the search box.
E) Select "Run as system user’ to run the procedure as ITSM user (Complete privilege) or Select ‘Run as logged in user’ to run the procedure as logged in user of the local machine.
F) Click ‘Run’ to apply the procedure over devices.
G) Technician can view procedure logs from the navigation “Devices” > “Device list” and by the
- Select the specific Device
- Click Procedure Logs