Performance monitor checks the usage of CPU, RAM and Network on devices and trigger an alert if the conditions are met.
Step . Go to Configuration templates > profiles and Click profile applied to your devices
Step . Follow any of the below options,
- Go to Step 3 for existing monitoring configuration.
- To create monitoring, add monitoring component from 'Add profile option' and configure monitoring settings.
Step . Navigate to Monitoring tab. Click Monitoring name that requires changes
Step . Click ‘Edit button’ . Enter details for “General” tab as below,
- 'Monitoring Name' - Enter name for the monitoring configuration.
- 'Description' - Describe few words about your monitoring configuration.
- 'Trigger alert any' - Choose any one of drop down options mentioned below,
- ' Any of the conditions are met '- Choose this option if you want alert when any of the condition satisfied.
- 'All of the conditions are met '- Choose this option if you want alert when all conditions satisfied.
- 'Use alert settings' - Select "Alert settings" from search box for this monitor.
- ' Auto Remediation on alert ' - choose any of the options as mentioned below,
- 'Take no action' - Select this option if no action needs to done upon "Monitor alert"
- 'Run below procedure' - Select "Procedure" from search box to run upon alert.
Step . You can add monitoring conditions of CPU/RAM/Network for the profile as mentioned below,
- 'Parameter usage' - select any of the option as described below,
- Select 'CPU Usage' to monitor conditions for 'CPU' performance for the given time period. This parameter can be monitored in Percentage units.
- Select 'RAM Usage' to monitor conditions for 'RAM' memory usage for the given time period. This parameter can be monitored in Percentage,Megabytes and Gigabytes Units.
- Select 'Network Usage' to monitor conditions for 'Network' usage for the given time period.This parameter can be monitored in Percentage units.
- 'Condition' - Select any of the option as explained below,
- More than - Select this condition to trigger alert if greater than specified value reached.
- Equals to - Select this condition to trigger alert if parameter equals specified value.
- Less than - Select this condition to trigger alert if parameter value down to less than specified value.
- More than or equals to -Select this condition to trigger alert if parameter equals specified value as well as exceeds the specified value.
- Less than or equals to -Select this condition to trigger alert if parameter equals specified value as well as down to the specified value
- Value - Specify threshold value for the parameters with desired units. Value should be in numerical.
- % - Select % to monitor parameter condition in Percentage units.
- GB - Select GB to monitor parameter condition in Gigabytes units.
- MB - Select MB to monitor parameter condition in Megabytes units.
- 'During' - Specify time period for which condition to be monitored .
- Select 'sec' to monitor condition for specified seconds.
- Select 'min' to monitor condition for specified minutes.
- Example, to monitor RAM usage for more than 600 MB in 10 minutes time interval,
- Select 'RAM usage' option under parameter.
- Choose condition 'More than or equals to'
- Enter 600 in the value and choose 'MB' as value type.
- Click 'Create' to save the monitor condition.
Step  .The monitoring parameters added for the profile will be listed.
Step . Click ‘Save’ to apply changes for the monitoring.Monitoring conditions will be applied to devices where current profile applied.