Feature suggestions for ITarian remote access

1. Android, iOS and Mac clients
  2. Redirected printer output
  3. Direct file transfer between endpoints
  4. Itarian installed as a service for unattended logins
  5. Auto reconnect for failed sessions
  6. Auto disconnect after nominated interval of inactivity

The wording in the top right hand corner (Prepared for Session) is a bit “wordy”. Wouldn’t just “Ready” with a green light suffice?

Hello @panic,

We appreciate for sharing your suggestion for the product improvement of the ITarian remote access. We have relay your suggestion to our development team to review and analyze your suggestion. We will update you with the update via this forum page and related support ticket. Thank you

Requires Admin rights to install, unlike TeamViewer QS. Needs to be able to install in the user account context, with the ability to re-start with admin credentials entered by the Technician.

Hello @amcssit,

We appreciate for sharing the idea/feature that you want to implement on the Itarian remote application. We have relayed your request to our development team for them to review and analyze your suggestion. We will relay the update via this forum page and related support ticket. Thank you

Hello @amcssit ,

I’ll get back to you shortly.

Thanks for the input!
-Begüm

Product Manager,
ITarian Remote Access

Hello @panic ,

Sincerely appreciate this list! We have all items on the product roadmap!

One question - Does the order of the list reflect priority order of features requested?

PS: Status wording is agreed and noted! :slight_smile:

Best Regards,
-Begüm

Product Manager,
ITarian Remote Access

Hi Begum,
Thanks for the prompt response - much appreciated.

The original list was just off the top of my head. If I had to place a priority on them it would look like this (with the reasoning for the priority below each entry);

I have added an additional item “ITarian stores a list of pre-approved connection IDs”.

Android, iOS and Mac clients
As a service provider, we cannot enforce what endpoints our destination clients use and more companies are moving to a more diverse landscape (BYOD, etc.).
Having only a Windows client restricts any service delivery from the source client to only Windows destination clients.
Maximum client types = Maximum service delivery = Maximum $$ = Maximum happy clients.

ITarian stores a list of pre-approved connection IDs
Known approved connection IDs could be stored on the destination client to allow for after hours or unattended connections.
Known connection IDs could be stored on the source client in an address book for easier connection to frequent clients.

ITarian installed as a service for unattended logins
There will be times when remote work must be completed outside of normal hours (See point 2 above).

Direct file transfer between source client and destination client (or vice versa) but file transfer can only be initiated by source client
There will be times when tools and utilities need to be executed on the remote connection and they could be copied using an internal file manager.

Auto reconnect for failed connections
Source and destination clients could store the connection credentials and parameters for a short period (60 seconds) after the closure of a session.
Source client could quickly re-establish a connection if it drops out.

Auto disconnect after nominated period of inactivity
Session should be terminated after a source client defined period of inactivity.
Auto disconnect should display a prompt to the source client to allow him to approve disconnection or decline to continue the session.

Redirected printer output
This is not necessarily for a service provider but more for the client themsleves.
If they remote into their own system to run in house apps, they could then get the printed output from the remote system to their local location.
This would only become possible after “pre-approved connection IDs” and “unattended logins” are added.

NOTE :
Source client
= Client initiating the remote connection - typically service provider
Destination client = Client requesting the remote connection - typically client (enduser)

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Look who is here :slight_smile: Welcome mate :slight_smile:

You can’t keep a good man down.
Either that or fools are persistent. :wink:

@panic

The following Feature Requests:

• Able to Install In The User Account Context
  • ITarian Remote Access: wording in the top right-hand corner
  • ITarian Remote Access: Itarian installed as a service for unattended logins
  • ITarian Remote Access: Auto Disconnect after nominated interval of inactivity
  • ITarian Remote Access: Auto reconnect for failed sessions
They're currently showing on the road-map with the following implementation timeline: Short-Term (3 to 6 months).

For the Feature Request: ITarian Remote Access: file transfer between endpoints and ITarian Remote Access: Support Android, iOS and Mac clients currently shows on the road-map with the following implementation timeline: Mid-Term (6 to 12 months).

For the Feature Request: ITarian Remote Access: Redirected printer output currently shows on the road-map with the following implementation timeline: Long-Term (more than 12 months).

Thank you for your patience.

Hi Blake,

You asked;
In order to help our development team prioritize the request accordingly, could you please let us know how many endpoints are you planning to manage using ITSM?

Unfortunately, due to family medical circumstances, my business is pretty much “on hold” for the foreseeable future. I do still have a handful of clients (approximately 12) that I support sporadically and I would like to move them to ITarian for remote support but can’t do so until it’s feature set is much closer to other already available products (Ammyy Admin, TeamViewer, AeroAdmin, etc.)

Hope this helps,
Ewen :slight_smile:

Hi @panic ,

Thank you for informing us. We will relay these to our Developers and we’ll get back to you as soon we have updates on its progress.

Not sure if this has been mentioned as i have only just started looking at the product. An iOS app for remote control to manage all my clients.

Hello @Murk ,

The Ability to remote-in to endpoints(Windows OS) through IOS devices (IPhone, IPad) is already on the works. Just tell us if we can add you on the loop so you`ll receive an email
for any important update.

KRegards,

Please do include me in the loop, same goes if you need an additional person to test it.

@Murk ,

Certainly. We’ll add you on the request and keep you notified of their progress via support email.

@Jay I am very interested in the iOS Clients, if you could add me to the list to keep me updated on that feature as it is rolled out.

Daniel

Hello @hti ,

We will be more than happy to add you on the list. Support team will get in touch with you shortly via email.

KRegards,

@Jay, will an Android client be made available as well?

@Kristan ,

Yes. It involves Android OS as well.