Hotfix for Endpoint Manager - (2019-08-01)

Hello everyone,

We want to inform you that we will have a hotfix over Endpoint Manager this Friday (2019-08-01) morning. The hotfix will also include the updated version for Communication Client for Windows. You can update your endpoints via Auto-update or manually on Endpoint Manager->Device List, as usual. We kindly remind you to check the Default Client Version settings in Portal Set-up before updating your clients.

Here are the items that are included in the hotfix.

• Application stripping problem on Communication Client 6.29.27251.19070 is fixed.
  • Showing the disconnected network drives on file explorer is fixed.
  • The 'No results found' problem while trying to view the Third Party Applications from Patch Management is fixed.
New Client Versions:
  • Windows Communication Client: 6.29.27694.19071

You can feel free to share your feedback and comments through this post.

We will share any updates regarding hotfix release through here.

Regards,
Ilgaz Yucecengiz
Technical Product Manager
Endpoint Manager

What is the Application Stripping problem?

Hi @RabidWombat
The ‘Application Stripping’ problem refers to a reported incident from an MSP whose in-house software’s functionality is affected by the updates made in the latest released version of the EM communication client. The term ‘stripping’ here is about application shortcuts being removed from the desktop. Whatever caused this behavior will be addressed by the upcoming hotfix.

… I’m hoping this refers to Comodo / Itarian shortcuts, and not other programs.

Hello @originalscan

We have received some reports in some instances that the shortcut of some third party software’s were affected as well. This fix that is about to be released should resolve that issue.

With best regards

Will a reboot be done automatically ?

Hello @torkekhq

PC restart is not required.

With best regards

Hello everyone,

We are happy to announce that hotfix release is successfully completed.

Feel free to share any feedback.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Ilgaz Yucecengiz
Technical Product Manager,
Endpoint Manager

Seeing a few of my endpoints listed as offline when they are not. Related?

Does this Application stripping problem affect microsoft office suite?

It seems that a lot of my endpoints are showing up with a blue dot, as opposed to a green dot. I could not log into some systems, and had to run onsite to fix issue. This is not a huge deal, but since the location was 30 minutes away, they were down longer than they should of been down. Is anyone else having this issue, or is it just me??

@BOSS ,

We’ve created a support ticket for your concern.
Please respond to the email we’ve sent you for acknowledgement.

Thank you.

Getting that also, many devices are offline and they are 40 KMs away!!!

For the last 5 hours I have been unable to Remote Control any endpoint. For the first 4 hours of that time no endpoints were showing as online. Online availability for endpoints comes and goes randomly and I am not able to connect to endpoints when they do appear online.

I have successfully installed two different software packages to machines I am physically at that have the endpoint agent so I know connectivity works.

I reached out to Itarian support (via chat) and the support person confirmed that Itarian is aware of the issue and is “Working on it”.

So, hopefully the ability to Remote Control endpoints is resolved soon.

Also… not just me. This has been confirmed on a Facebook group where other MSP’s are experiencing the issue too.

Just to add our experience - we’re seeing the same. The hotfix does not appear be consistenyl fixing the issue unfortunately.

Hello @novatwin and @Noxcivis

We have created a ticket for you in order to investigate the issue further.

With best regards

So, 24 hours without Remote Control (still broken) and I’m being asked to troubleshoot with support. Happy to do so but this is not an endpoint issue. Multiple people are experiencing the issue so this is server side, not endpoint. Any ETA to a fix ? I used Remote Control on Wednesday for almost 14 hours straight with zero problems and coming into the office on Thursday (co-incidentally the date of the hotfix release) Remote Control was broken.

Is this why my Office installs are going bonkers? I have been trying to figure this out for weeks! I have been thinking it was a recent update from Microsoft doing this.

Not sure if an outage of Itarian Remote Control relates to Office install issues, unless you are installing via Itarian ?

This was in relation to “Application stripping fix” which is in the patch notes. I tried remoting with 2 users so far this morning and neither was successful :frowning: but they both were still running the prior client version.