Itarian Billing Model Change - 2022

60 days? 90 days? what is a feasible time scale?

In our case, the PoC we did for testing antivirus solutions lasted nearly three months and covered three different providers. The one for the UEM solutions took slightly more than two months and covered two different providers. These figures are only for the PoC phase, previously there were a Preliminary Study and an Evaluation phase for gathering information and evaluating the features of each solution, in those phases, we evaluated around 10 to 12 different vendors.

Of course, this was our specific case, dates can vary a lot depending on the size of the company, the available resources, etc.

By the way, in all the RFP and PoC Iā€™ve done so far, no vendor has even provided a decent spreadsheet with a summary of features and testing recommendations, which would have made things a lot easier. :wink:

Also, let me stress this is strictly my personal opinion, despite posting from my company account.

Have a great day,
ā€“ Javier Llorente

1 Like

And what time scale do you think is feasible to inform your clients that purchased CCS in good faith should be given before receiving information about how they will manage their licences post new pricing on 21st Sept??

Currently just 5 days to go and still not a single word.

2 Likes

Hi,

Again Itarian is very swift in changing the billing method, but still, with 2 days to go, still no explaining of what we have to change for not getting extra costs for what we already payed for!!

Can you explain to us what and how we can adjust the profiles.

Like: is monitoring a feature under RMM or is that free?
And if I only use the CCS and remote feature. What do we have to delete from the profiles?

I started a few years ago with the default ā€˜Hardened profileā€™.
(which is removed from the repositoryā€¦) If I want to keep them, I have to delete some sections manually.

Itā€™s not clear to me what module we can use for which license:
See following all the sections.
WHY arenā€™t they already marked which is free and what not?

Can someone explain us and note here FOR EVERY section if itā€™s free or not and what we have to use if only CCS and Remote is used.

It was already asked a few times before.

Come on guys.

Like expected, bad planning and bad implementation. Only the prices are going to be changed but no improvements.

This is again an example that this platform isnā€™t up to par with other platforms youā€™re trying to be compared with. (pricewise)
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

I appreciate your concernsā€¦ As you can see from my posts, Iā€™m in the same situation. Have close to 300 licenced devices with Comodo which were purchased on the understanding and promise at the time that the platform would be free. I get that Comodo have ā€˜saidā€™ it will remain free to administer CCS but with just ONE day to go there has still been zero communication. Luckily for us we had another platform and since the announcement have spent the last few weeks installing that agent on all our CCS devices and although we still have almost a year to go on many CCS licences, my faith in Comodo as a company, which had been shaken many times in the past finally broke. Weā€™re willing to take a hit on the few thousand pounds loss on those licences and move to a more stable environment and product,

Bizarrelyā€¦ due to Comodo/Itarians new charging regime, our alternative platform is actually now 1/3 the price of Itarian.

Yes, i totally agree here. The majority of our devices are in SOCaaP, our account manager said this fee for CCS wonā€™t affect this, only the iTarian part etc. So, this leaves us also with questions for those endpoints that arenā€™t in SOCaaP. They just gave us the price for iTarian(0.80C) etc but not a price for the profile sections for using AEP. There is one day left, and we are about to be invoiced.

Dear All,

sorry for the delay; I was hoping to get your guides last week (Thursday / Friday) but unfortunately due to family issues this could not be completed.

Iā€™m back for a stint and doing a guide for you now which will be posted on this forum.

Regards
Robin

Hi @elzorillo ,

It was not only a question for me, but for everyone on this platform whoā€™s affected by this change. I have payed licenses and the free licenses donā€™t concern me.
I only donā€™t want to pay more for all those half baked features.

But Iā€™m curious which platform youā€™re using now and the price.
Can you PM me with which platform youā€™re using and the prices?

In case this is going out of hand, Iā€™m looking for alternatives.

Maybe if a reseller is reading this and looking for new potential clients, this is the forum to look in :slight_smile:

If one can offer me cloud Antivirus and Remote tool for similar prices as Itarian then I would be interested.

But Iā€™m hoping to stay, after all these years and see the platform grow.

Dear All,

Please see attached guide showing you the new profile editing and other features as promised.

Regards
Robin

2022-09-21_BillingProfileGuide.pdf (254.2 KB)

1 Like

Hi @elzorillo

Please PM me with your details of number of devices, current licenses and the features you need and Iā€™ll double check costs and if we are that high will get an account manager to contact you to resolve.

Hi @ailan

Please PM me details of your needs, usage and Iā€™ll double check all costs and get back to you. If we are really expensive I shall get an account manager to get in touch to resolve.

Hi @RT-AMS-ITarian ,

Thanks for the offer, but no need to.

I am already a payed customer (no use for free licenses) and want it to stay as it is like it is now for me. And hopeful for the other already payed MSPā€™s here.

This was also a request earlier from different users here, but also, still no reaction from your/ Itarians side.

Hi @RT-AMS-ITarian ,

Thanks for the info.

But am I missing something?

The doc starts with:

strong text

"Introduction
On 21/09/2022 we have a new profile and billing management system coming to ITarian.
This new management is designed to make billing 100% clear, controllable, and flexible for the MSP
so they have the power to consume exactly what they need.
"

It is effective from tomorrow and will be billed beginning tomorrow.

But we still donā€™t have any tools, any visible signs, what will be billed and we have to make the changes to our existing profiles TODAY.

So, back to the original question:
can you tell us what we have to change or where we can get the info for not getting extra invoices for licenses we already payed for!!?

Better was to just leave us with the old agreement. Then we wouldnā€™t have these discussions.

Or am I wrong and the only one feeling like this?

2 Likes

From my previous experience, there should be a grace period before the invoice is sent, and they take the status of the licenses at the invoicing date for calculating the amount. Therefore, if we modify the profiles before the invoicing date, we should not be charged.

@RT-AMS-ITarian, is this assumption right?

Hi @ailan

We have looked at everything all have suggested and requested and the official answer if the one I have given you about us checking your pricing and if needed getting a sales manager to get in touch to resolve.

The above approach has been decided so that people can be talked with and information gained instead of simply changing the price or model and us learning nothing.

Iā€™m sorry if this is not the right approach for yourselves, but this is the approach that has been chosen.

Regards
Robin

Hi @ailan

Release information and details have been delayed due to us looking it all again to make sure we are doing it right and unfortunate issues on my side and family.

The guide you have responded to gives you the steps needed to edit your profiles and what they actually mean with live screenshots from a working system, is there something missing from this guide?

The billing has been altered for all to give 7 calendar days to alter profiles as needed, but as stated we will allow people up to 30; but another more than the 7 will have to be a manual interaction that you will have to raise with your account manager.

Regards
Robin

Hi @DevoteamEndpointSecu

you are 100% correct!

1 Like

ā€œThe guide you have responded to gives you the steps needed to edit your profiles and what they actually mean with live screenshots from a working system, is there something missing from this guide?ā€

Are you seeing other consoles than we see?

Originally we have to make the changes before tomorrow. The guide is for the NEW set-up.
We still have the OLD set-up.
So the guide doesnā€™t help us now what to change before tomorrow!

Hi @ailan

The billing date as stated above has been changed to give you 7 calendar dates from tomorrow.
Tomorrow you will have the ability to alter the policies as per the guide I have provided.

We have never asked you to make changes using the system before we have given you the ability to do so, and if there is any information anywhere stating this please bring it to my attention and I will take this up with management as this is wrong information and not technically possible.

Regards
Robin

Hi @RT-AMS-ITarian ,

Yes the 7 days grace period has been mentioned just yet.

I only wanted to know what to check because in our received email (see first post) it states:
Accordingly, if you intend to use the RMM, Patch Management and/or MDM functionality, you will now be charged on our monthly Post-Paid model for all devices which have profiles that contain these sections, meaning you will receive your first bill on October 21 for the period 9/21-10/21, based on your usage count at the end of period. Monthly bills will follow on the 21st of each month thereafter based on your usage that month.

Stating billing starts tomorrowā€¦