Itarian Billing Model Change - 2022

Hi @ailan

The text you have quoted states the period that will be billed on or around 21/10/2022 will be 21/09/2022 until 21/10/2022.

The next part of this states we will check you device count late that period, so not on 21/09/2022.

I hope this helps.

Hi @RT-AMS-ITarian,

Ofcourse it wouldnā€™t be possible to check on 21/09. It just states that it will begin counting to be billed.

But ok. Just let that rest. We now have a grace period of 7 days starting tomorrow to change profiles.

Will the updates be visible tomorrow or the day after tomorrow on the Europe servers?
(Europe updates are most of the times a day laterā€¦)

Hi @ailan

EU servers should be upgraded on 22/09/2022

I have looked at the pdf file for the billing change. Iā€™m still not sure if we will be billed per profile section/feature we enable or is it billed at a fixed $ price regardless of what/how many paid sections you enable in the profile?

Hi @QuickSilverST

On the billing there is a set figure per license; but a license can cover multiple sections.

Lets say that you have a profile which only has Remote Control items in it which are selected from the ITarian Basic free list. This profile would then be classed as ā€œFreeā€ and any device assigned it will not cost anything.

If you then add monitoring to the profile meaning you now have Remote Control from ITarian Basic and Monitoring from ITarian Device. This profile would now be classed as ā€œRMMā€ and would cost an ITarian Device license for each device it is assigned to.

Taking this a step further, if we now add Patch Management from ITarian Device to the same profile it is still classed as ā€œRMMā€ and still only 1 license per assigned device.

Hopefully you can see from a single profile, you only get charged a license once no matter how many sections you enable.

When using multiple profiles we get the same. Lets say you have Patch Management in one profile and Monitoring in another. When applied to one device that one device will still only need one ITarian Device license.

I hope this helps and explains.

Regards
Robin

1 Like

To me, itā€™s clear. Thanks a lot! :slight_smile:

Thank you that answers my question as i was not sure per option billing or many option but 1 license billing.

Thank you.

30 daysā€™ trial isnā€™t enough to test a RMM system. Iā€™m ok with severely limited amount of endpoints (like your 50 max) but I need time to see if something like this works. We made TCO calculations based on the 50 free licenses so that went right out of the window right away. With the change some of the other options are much more interesting now. I really fail to see how you are losing anything by giving away the first 50 licenses to anyone who needs them. Any shop small enough to survive with 50 wouldnā€™t use a paid solution anyway, and larger will pay you something anyway. Meanwhile you would get quite a few small shops that could add to the knowledge/support on the forums, would advertise the solution and possibly add all kinds of interesting automation scripts others could also use.

For us the change meant that we cannot rely on your pricing to remain the same (as you have changed your free tiers already twice with just a quick notification and then proceeded to ignore questions even in this thread from paying customers), so we feel itā€™s safer to pick something else. Not to mention comparing the price we feel we are getting much more going with another provider.

I wish you all the best. Hopefully you manage to fix all the reported bugs and issues at some point and to bring the new features you have apparently promised and maybe even update your web page to reflect the pricing change (as the FAQ is currently lying itā€™s ears off). Weā€™ll keep searching. Luckily we arenā€™t in that much of a hurry as we have a decent solution we are already using. ITarian wouldā€™ve been a small improvement, but I guess weā€™ll just have to make do with a larger one.

1 Like

Hi @auronic

Sorry to hear that you feel this way. I can promise that you have not been ignored and this is not the aim at all.

I can confirm that no more ITarian pricing changes are planned; but we are working with Xcitium to bring a better pricing and product range to our customers.

The 50 free was removed due to the cost on the business which was draining resources and stopping growth and improvement.

We are in the process of making plans to deliver more in the way of fixes and features and should hopefully be able to deliver a roadmap soon.

Regards
Robin

Why not simply have two platformsā€¦ A free one to administer paid CCS licences and a second one with all the features enabled which is chargeable??

With the current setup I see too many people slipping into the paid scenario accidentallyā€¦ Iā€™m thankful we immediately started moving endpoints out of Itarian when the new pricing structure was announced. 280 doneā€¦ just 12 to doā€¦ and Iā€™ve never been happier to stop using a companies servicesā€¦

Hi @elzorillo

Our platform allows you to as stated previously to managed CCS/XCS for no cost at all.

Due to this Iā€™m not sure what the issue is.

Well, itā€™s easy, today:

1. Xcitium is a paid cloud antivirus
  2. Itarian is a paid RMM platform
    very far from what was written only two years ago ā€¦

Okā€¦ as you asked.

The issue is trust. Itā€™s been discussed numerous times over the last few years that Comodo lurches from one decision to another seemingly at the whim of those in charge. Promised features never materialise. Instead we have makeovers, company splits, name changes, pricing model changes. A chaotic sales mechanism and pricing system. There has been no consistency, so no ability to plan long term as a Comodo customer.

As said previously, over the past few weeks weā€™ve already moved over 95% of our endpoints away from the platform so there is no going back for us. IF the procedure for administering licences had been prepared and demonstrated prior to the planned new pricing policy being announced things may have been different. But in typical Comodo fashionā€¦ itā€™s been handled terribly.

Sorry for the negative post. I understand youā€™re trying your best with the company but you did ask.

Hi @stefanoradam

Xcitium / Comodo has always been a paid product, so hopefully this is not a surprise.

ITarian has been a paid product for over 2 years, but we used to give 50 devices away free and Xcitium price was inflated to include the cost of ITarian which is why we had the ā€œCost-neutralā€ approach.

To make things easier and inline with the competition we have removed all the complex billing mechanics and followed the crowd.

I understand this has changed in what was said 2+ years ago, the only defense for this is that the world costs and dynamics have changed vastly meaning we have had to adapt too.

Hi @elzorillo

Thank you for being honest as this allows me to gauge where things went wrong so we can do better next time.

The entire billing and profile change was a huge change that took much longer than expected which meant we could not give out guides or information on how to do stuff as our demo / test platform was not ready. But I fully understand your point and nothing like this is planned or even being thought about now.

Iā€™m trying to get a proper road map together for up to 3 years in advance, actually much harder than you think; but the idea is so people can know what is coming and plan just as you want.

As part of doing this Iā€™m aiming to bring stability to the releases and direction of the platform.

I know I asked, and glad you were honest as I have been back. I personally believe in telling the truth and facts only; so while Iā€™m in office what I say is golden and will happen!

Regards
Robin

Itarian is a 100% Free Hosted Ticketing and Hosted Remote Control Platform.
Itarian also sells other products.

1 Like

Just wanted to check if the EU update has been completed.
This morning I did get a new 2FA login screen, and I do see the updated profile page with the # of assigned devices.

But I donā€™t have the (licensed) sections when editing profiles.

It still looks the same as usual.

Hi @ailan

A few issues are there still and being ironed out.
Have you tried the standard of clearing cache etc?

If not it would be worth dropping an email to support@itarian.com with your tenant admin email and tenant subdomain so they can check.

Regards
Robin

Hi @RT-AMS-ITarian ,

Yes I did. Just now again from a freshly installed browser.

Iā€™ll wait and check later again.

So it should work already?

Hi @ailan

All should be working, if not you really do need to contact support just in case.

Regards
Robin