New Feature / Improvement Requests for ITarian Portal

Hello @Kent ,

Hello Richard,

We are pleased to inform you that the implementation of the feature that you have requested (Multi factor authentication implemented for C1) is scheduled to be included in our upcoming release due on (30/Sep/16).

I personally would find useful as the columns in Device list to be customizable (at least things like IP or MAC address, not only computer name)
Thanks a lot

@andreicraciun Hello Andrei,
We have sent your feature request to be reviewed by our team. We will provide you with any updates on the opened ticket.

Any road map updates for the “Password Vault” feature request?

Hello @azon2111

We will forward your inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we have an answer.
Thank you.

Hello @azon2111 ,

We are pleased to inform you that the implementation of the feature that you have requested (Password manager module in Comodo One) is scheduled to be included in our upcoming release due on December 30th 2016.

We appreciate your patience and your understanding in this matter!

thank you.

Hello @andreicraciun ,

We are pleased to inform you that the implementation of the feature that you have requested (Ability to select the columns to be displayed in Device List) is scheduled to be included in the Q4 of 2016.

I would like to be able to ignore updates in the IT&SM section. I’m only pushing Critical and Important updates to workstations but the portal reports that dozens of Low priority updates are available. I would like to be able to have it NOT tell me about those so that, when I see a number of updates next to a workstation, I can know that they’re urgent ones.

Hello @PromptCare ,

We are pleased to inform you that the implementation of the feature that you have requested (Ability to hide specific patches on specific machines) is scheduled to be included in the Q3 of 2016.
We have also contacted you by email and added you to the loop of the already escalated case. Will keep you updated there.

It would be useful if in the tool section there was a version number or a date of update to know if the tools have a newer version available (I wasn’t sure if they auto update which would probably mean this is not needed)

@dougaust
Hello,
The tools that you can use from the Comodo One platform are updated automatically. You can view the notes for the latest release by going to the Comodo One panel in the left hand side, hover over it for a few moments and at the lower side you have the version (ex. the current version 3.1.10). Click on it and it will display the latest release notes.
Thank you for your interest in the improvement of our platform.

Is that from the webpage? I don’t seem to see the version details. I am meaning that if I download the tool directly from the comodo one website and have them on say a USB or something, how do I know they are the latest versions of those tools

Thanks

EDIT: Just realized what you mean, sorry I am talking about Comodo Cleaning Essentials, Network Assessment Tool Etc not the website itself

Hello @dougaust ,

The tools provided there are updated automatically on our side/on our servers. As long as you download them directly from the Comodo One portal, you will know that they are the latest versions. You can tell which version of CCE for example you download if you check the version in its name, for example cce_2.5.242177.201
Currently there is no way to tell/check if you have the latest version on the portable device unless you check it against the version on the site.

OK thanks, so I am probably better to just download it fresh when I want to use it then?
Perhaps a change log and updated on date would be handy for each of the tools

Hello @dougaust ,

Thank you for the feedback. We have contacted you by email regarding the request and will keep you up to date there.

Not sure if the job log does it but it would be useful if in the device list there was a notes section or perhaps a diary of changes to a specific computer, if this exists in the help desk perhaps it would be useful that if a job could be logged against a specific asset if there was a list of assigned jobs available in ITSM view and have a text box notes section as well

@dougaust
Hello,
We will send an e-mail in order to inform you of the status of the request.

Another great feature would be to be able to assign a notification for a specific device so that say when a specific computer is turned on, it will send a specified admin a notification either through the portal/app or email (or have both as configurable options) or is this already possible with the monitoring profiles in RMM?

@dougaust

Hello,
Yes you are correct, this can be done by using the ping monitor from RMM, it will trigger an alert when the computer is off/on.