New Feature / Improvement Requests for ITarian Portal

Thanks PromptCare and John. Much needed feature. I would also suggest allowing it to block(in the MS Windows world you right click the update and hide update to do this) the update as well. That way you can block things like auto win 10 installs (driving me crazy these days). Thanks to all.

Hello @azon2111 ,

We will forward your request to the developers and we will get back to you as soon as we have an outcome from them.

Thank you for your feedback!

Hello @dougaust ,

We are pleased to inform you that the implementation of the feature that you have requested (change log and updated on date for each of the tools in the C1 Portal) is scheduled to be included in our upcoming release due on Q3.

We appreciate your patience and your understanding in this matter!

Thanks for that :slight_smile:

I was thinking about the other products that Comodo offer as part of the C1 platform that each appear to have a trial available, I am assuming that once I had run a trial it would be for the c1 account and that would be it. If I was to convince customers to use a specific product it would be very useful to have a trial per customer in C1 rather than one trial per C1 account just so that if you had say 5 different people testing out comodo dome they could each have their own trial of it of makes sense. I am assuming they could do it another way but it would be good if that could be done all from the one place

Hello @dougaust

Could you please tell us how do you envision more precisely this feature? We shall forward your detailed feedback to our developers as soon as we have your reply.

Also, wouldn’t the creation of additional Comodo One admin user accounts suffice the need initially exemplified?

https://help.comodo.com/topic-289-1-716-8482-Managing-Administrators.html

Looking forward to your reply.

So just checking, are the trials for cwatch, dome, managed AV etc based on a specific staff account rather than the main over all C1 account? because if this was the case then yes it could be got around by creating a trial staff account set up the software for a customer to have a go of before making a purchase, that way I would be able to run as many trials as required for however many customers I had

I was just thinking along the line with the store part of it being linked to a specific customer so that any purchases or trials started were linked to that account rather than the C1 admin account but perhaps I am just not understanding how its all set up in the back ground as I have not actually made any purchases yet.

I am basing my assumption of the 1 month trial of the managed AV that expired before I could test it while setting myself up with C1. If I was able to set up a customer, link them up with a managed AV trial to deploy to their computers before they decide if they wanted to pay for that service or not instead of me having to either rush in and test out the trial or purchase licence that I may not be able to sell later on same with things like cwatch and dome because they all sound like fantastic services but it would be useful to run a per client trial of them

Thanks

Just so you understand my thinking (which perhaps is not correct)
Rather than me purchasing a service and then on selling it, have it so that the customer account makes the purchase via my portal page (possible with a mark up).
That way any purchased licences are bound to a customer account rather than the over all C1 account

That also said I would just be happy with a work around for the trials if possible (including managed AV which doesn’t appear in the store as an activatable trial, well not that I am aware of at least)

Hello @dougaust ,

Signing up for a Comodo service (be it trial or paid) is done through a CAM Account (created on accounts.comodo.com ).
Currently there is no way for a Customer you create from your C1 Portal to automatically have a CAM account created so they could purchase licenses/services “through” you (seeing how you are their C1 Customer account creator). Is this closer to your request (every Customer created from your C1 Portal to have a Comodo CAM account created as well) ?

Thanks for clarifying that for me, I guess with that set up then I would have to purchase a licence and then on sell it to make anything off of it otherwise people would be making the purchase directly. For me that probably wouldn’t matter but it does clear up the trials for things.

That also said is there a way that say someone has already purchased dome or endpoint protection be able to link them up with a C1 portal for management if the licence wasn’t purchased via the main C1 account

Hello, @dougaust
We are glad to see that we have clarified the things for your initial question.
Regarding the addition of purchased products to the Comodo One platform we will contact you via e-mail to keep you updated on the status of the request.

Thanks that would be great, It perhaps is more me getting my head around how it all fits together

It would be useful if the dashboard page (https://one.comodo.com/app/#/dashboard/overview) was clickable and would go to the computer information in the relevant module. as in example on the “Available Patches - Patch Management” graph is showing that 1 computer has optional patches, it would be useful if I can click on that and it will show the computer/computers that require attention. Same with the table “Security Status - ITSM” it would be nice to click on the “Device(s) with Critical Patch Available” section and show those computers to quickly get to important information to action it

Thanks

PS: the dashboards in ITSM appear to do this which is great but they don’t have the same graphs available as the main overview one

Hello @dougaust

I will forward your feedback as a Feature Request to the team. We will them keep you updated on the status of the request.
Thank you.

Hello @dougaust ,

This feature request is on our roadmap and it is scheduled to be released at the end of Q3 2016.

In ITSM the Install MSI/Packages function should be: 1) capable of taking internal URL’s so that websites don’t always have to be publicly available, 2) able to pass a set of credentials so that the websites do not have to be open to everyone, 3) An IP list should be available in the documentation and easy to find so that organizations can limit access to URL’s only to Comodo.

Hello @sse1177

We will forward your feature requests to our development team and we will get back to you with more updates as soon as possible.

Hello @sse1177 ,

1. In order for ITSM, which is a cloud service, to be able to access Internal URLs, that would require making these internal resources accessible from outside. Is that something that you would agree with?
    Why not use the Plugin Procedures instead, which fires up RMM with a local console. With RMM you can use the File Transfer + Application Installer plugins to create a Procedure to install custom MSI packages. Local resources can be accessed. This would eliminate the necessity for 2) and 3)

To answer 3): You should allow cmdm.comodo.com (Amazon load balancing) on TPC port 443.

Would also like to request two-factor authentication for the C1 portal login. Some of my customers will be requiring it on their domain by the end of next year, I want to make sure that the RMM I use (Comodo One, the best!) is compliant well in advance of that deadline in case auditors consider it in-scope (as they should since it’s a total back door…) Prefer 2FA with Google Authenticator/Authy OTP.

Hello @indieserve ,

We have this feature on our roadmap and we will get back to you as soon as we have any updates on this case.