New Feature / Improvement Requests for ITarian RMM

we’ll put it in wish list for future development.

Hi @BOSS

New poll is created for prioritization. I also think that this is a convenient feature. Please vote for it :slight_smile:

https://forum.mspconsortium.com/forum/committees/technology/new-feature-polls/1251-chat-function

Ilker

I like a feature, that logmein uses, where I can see if anyone is logged in, how long the the the user has been inactive, and the last time and ip of last time system called home. This was very helpful in tracking a stolen system before, or see if employees are sneaking their laptops home.

Interesting :slight_smile:

Could you please provide a little more details for feature request poll creation?

Best regards,
Ilker

Well, I like to be able to see extended details about the computer. Lets say I want to log into a computer, it is late, I think no one will be on computer, but someone is working late. I would like to be able to see that the computer is in use at the moment, or that the system has been inactive for 40 minutes or whatever. I would also like to be able to see the last time the software checked in with comodo, and from what IP address, so I can see if it is logging in from a strange IP address, or one of our static IP locations, and when that was. I had a recent case where a laptop was stolen, I had logmein on it, BOOM that info came up, it was fired up at a location that had cameras, pulled footage from the info in logmein, and we had them, got laptop back. This would also let me know if end users are sneaking their laptops home, which has happened before, and I had to put a stop to that. That is a security risk to me, as I do not manage their home networks, so it is no longer behind my UTM device, opening possible liability. I would also like to be able to granulate user permissions, as I have a user that needs to log into their computer from time to time, but I only want them to be able to access one computer, nothing else. This would be very helpful, for me anyhow. Thanks.

I think a handy feature, would be to be able to pull reports on all the systems by all locations, by company, and by site. Configurable to what information you wanted pull.

Hi @BOSS,

So, you would like to see

• Logged in user
  • If there is a user, if computer being IDLE or not and if it is IDLE, how long
  • Last communication time with Comodo
  • Last IP address and if it is different than usual (could be different than last 10 distinct IP or last 24 hour IP, etc)
  • Also control user rights from remote?

Please add your comments if I am missing anything.

Regarding reporting, I agree with the methodology. It would be great if you can give us some more information about what kind of reports you would like to get over company / site / location. You can even send us same sample report that you like or wish for.

Best regards,
Ilker

Yes, I feel some of those features could come in handy.

As far as the reports; I think having it configurable, like what you can pull from the RMM console, things like OS, Hardware specs, office version, computer name, all the basic inventory audit info.

Hi @Ilker @BOSS,
I agree this would be a very handy feature and the reporting is a must for audit/reporting/site survey purposes (would be nice for it to create an asset register per site/company as well). I would also like a feature that flags systems where there has been a hardware change i.e. PC/Laptop running 8GB of memory (2 x 4GB) and one module fails so there is now only 4GB so we could pick this up remotely.

​@BOSS , @Marveltec

Very good suggestions! added as roadmap items.

Ilker

As I sit here working after hours, I am starting to think that being able to fire off the magic packet to WOL would be a great feature also.

Good time to start thinking about it :slight_smile:

Please also vote for it: https://forum.mspconsortium.com/forum/committees/technology/new-feature-polls/996-initiating-remote-connection-even-if-the-intel-vpro-enabled-device-powered-off

I was thinking today, while doing some remote stuff, that an option to blank the screen while I’m working. I have had to do browsing audits remotely, sometimes I don’t even want to see their history, let alone anyone else seeing it. Maybe also locking computer on disconnect, so someone doesn’t pull network cable after admin login, to gain possible access to something.

I’m new to Comodo One and noticed it is missing a few important things that I would like to see. Overall in just the first couple weeks using the product I can happily say that it’s great, it could be better but so far so good and for the price who could complain? I have used 5 different RMM tools in my years and would be more than happy to share my experiences with all of them.

1. The ability to view installed applications on each system and have the ability to uninstall products from the console.
  2. WOL - The ability to simply issue a WOL command across the network either to specific PC’s or an entire subnet world be helpful.
  3. Get rid of the Administration Console and work that utility into the web portal.
  4. Branding the agent and the portal would be great.
  5. A script repository when common script tasks can be shared and downloaded.
  6. An app for the service desk that works on mobile devices for time entry.
  7. Integration with Freshbooks or other online invoicing services.
  8. A deployment tool to ease deployment of the RMM tool, patch tool, etc.
  9. Live online training or better training documentation - or maybe I need to be pointed in the right direction.
  10. Better reporting options.
  11. Who is logged into to the computer, and who was the last user logged into that computer.
  12. External IP address is never correct, it always reports as 69.4.80.244.
  13. Hardware audit changes - an easy way to track any hardware changes.
  14. Can we get more useful info on the RMM online portal? I can’t seem to do much in there, I have to do everything from the Admin Console (again maybe I’m not familiar with it yet).

A couple questions
1)What is the largest script we can deploy?
2) Can we bypass the Windows User Access Control?
3) Can we choose a specific account to install without using that account in the script itself?

Hello @USAComputerServices ,

Thank you for your feedback!

To answer some of your questions:
3) We have in plan to move from the Administration Console to the web portal and the first step is the upgrade we have made is the last week CDM upgrade which now integrates Patch Management module and RMM. These modules are not fully integrated yet, but more and more functions will be integrated in the upcoming releases that will make the Administration console obsolete.

1. This feature is scheduled for Q3 2016

2. Comodo Mobile app is scheduled to be released in January 2016

3. In the latest version of Comodo Device Management (CDM), you can generate a bulk installation package (CDM dashboard > Settings > Bulk Installation Package) that will generate a downloadable .msi file that you can use to install the CDM agent using Active Directory rules.

4. You can signup for the next webinar at https://forum.mspconsortium.com/forum/committees/marketing/2263-comodo-one-webinar-1-7-rsvp-now and the last recoreded. Also, the help section for Comodo One can be found here

5. Could you be more specific about the reports that you would like to generate?

Regarding the other issues/feature requests, they have been forwarded and we will get back to you one we have an outcome.

Great thank you for the info and for the quick reply. I’m looking forward to these new enhancements.

In regards to reporting, I don’t see any way to run reports from within the RMM tool only from the service desk. I’d be interested in being able to run reports regarding hardware, software, uptime, etc. The ability to run a report looking for specific software (for example older version of Adobe that need to be updated, or toolbars or other “useless” software that should be removed). The ability to run reports on drive space, memory, etc. I know this is still pretty generic but having useful reports makes it easier for MSP’s to sell upgrades, and updates. Also helps in identifying hardware that needs to be replace in the near future so we can prepare our customers for the expenses ahead of time.

Hello @USAComputerServices

​Regarding your last 2 posts in this thread, WOL is scheduled to be implemented in Q1 / Q2 2016 and RMM should be able to bypass UAC as it runs as a service under the SYSTEM user. If UAC interfere with the commands that you send through RMM.

@USAComputerServices they added a portion of this forum for script sharing, but it isn’t part of the program. Only a few of us have been using it so far (I think we have like 6 posts) in that forum. Hopefully we can share some good scripts between all of us to make our work easier.

I wanted to ask about Unattended Access Manager. In the Admin guide found online, we can see the UAM is part of the drop down in the deployment tools during an active session. But is not present when I access that drop down menu. Are there plans on resuming unattended access?

Hello @joe.lcit ,

Unattended Access Manager was used in older versions of RMM when the admin required the user’s permission to take remote access.
Now RMM agent runs as a service and the admin can take over the client computer even if a user is not logged in.