We would like to inform you that we are going to have new releases over Comodo ONE Portal, IT and Security Manager, Service Desk, RMM Plug-in, Customer Relationship Manager (CRM), Unknown File Hunter and Patch Manager on Sunday (08/14/2016) morning. While there might be brief connectivity issues, there is no major service outage expected.
In addition to user interface and experience improvements, you can see the list of new features, improvements and bug fixes below.
IT and Security Manager:
- Admins can add “Monitoring” functionality to Windows profiles so that they can gather information regarding the applications and hardware operating in the devices’ which allows them to resolve any issues.
- Admins can define a number of threshold breaches under monitoring to create an alert, so that they can resolve issues even before the clients experience these issues in their environment.
- Performance (CPU, RAM, Network): The monitor periodically checks if the selected parameter exceeded a bottom threshold for more than a specified time period and triggers an alert.
- File Size: The monitor checks the disk space used by a file on target computers and can notify when a specific file meets the selected condition.
- Folder Size: The monitor checks the disk space used by a directory/folder on target computers and can notify when a specific directory/folder meets the selected condition.
- Disc: The monitor periodically checks if the selected parameter exceeded a bottom threshold and triggers an alert.
- Service: The monitor periodically checks if a set of specified services is running.
- Process: The monitor checks if a set of specified processes is running.
- Event: Monitors Windows Event logs on remote computers. This monitor triggers when a Windows event with specified Event Sources, Event ID's or Event Level occurs.
- TCP: The monitor periodically attempts to connect to the specified domain/IP : port. The monitor can be configured to pass or fail based on a connection status. An alert is triggered when the specified port is open or closed based on the selected option.
- Ping: The monitor pings a device using it`s hostname, fully qualified domain or IP address and triggers an alert if a response is received or not depending on the selected condition.
- Web: The monitor periodically checks the content of a web page identified by URL and triggers an alert if the content is or contains the specified text.
- Admins can define and configure stand-alone alert definitions under “Alerts” menu and associate a defined alert with a “Monitoring” functionality. In this way, admins can receive the most appropriate and timely warnings before problematic situations occur. Here are the configuration options for alerts:
- Possibility to configure an alert to create only one open alarm ticket per monitor/agent or multiple alarm tickets per check period.
- Ability to define Alert Type, including;
- Ability to append new ticket to an original ticket if there is an open ticket for performance monitors
- Ability to auto-close the ticket if the metrics go below the threshold
- Ability to choose the department to open the tickets
- Ability to open the tickets with predefined priority
- Ability to configure endpoint and user details on ticket such as;
- Service Desk ticket is automatically closed when the monitoring conditions return to normal value.
Procedures are standalone instruction scripts that also can be a part of a profile to run by schedule. Admins can create procedures and proceed with them to quickly pinpoint an issue and resolve it. What you can do with procedures functionality are listed below:
- Ability to create new procedures that are to be executed on endpoints.
- Ability to compose Procedure's Instructions by using Python Language.
- Ability to associate a defined alert with a specific procedure.
- Ability to combine existing procedures to build broader procedures.
- Ability to show procedure results in Execution Log as well as inside particular device
- Ability to import procedures from JSON.
- Ability to export and clone procedures.
- Ability to run procedures on demand by selecting the action "Run Over Device" for a particular device, multiple devices or all devices.
- Ability to delete procedures.
- Ability to add predefined procedures to Windows device profiles and create running schedule for them.
Mac OSX Management
- Improvements on Mac OS X profiles are made so that admins have more control over Mac OS X devices.
- Restrictions: Admins can enable/disable use of some device features and access to iCloud services.
- Wi-Fi: Admins can configure wireless network settings that a device should connect to.
- VPN: Admins can configure VPN connection settings from this section.
- Naming improvements on Protections > Device List and Dashboard > Compliance pages.
- Messages improvements for users that don't have permission to enter ITSM Portal.
- Addition of a notification warning in profile deleting action if Profile is applied to any endpoints.
- Antivirus database version information is added to “Device List” under “Protection” menu so that admins can see the update status of Antivirus Database.
- Improvements are made while displaying malware status of the Windows device after finishing antivirus scanning so that admins see the malware status right after finishing of antivirus scanning.
- In “Antivirus Device List” screen, Malware status and Scan status are differentiated by adding one more column as scan type and provide the scan type there.
- ITSM Devices List was expanding when accessed from iOS 9.3.2 with Chrome 51.0.2704.64. Problem is fixed.
- There was no option for admin to change the Active Directory Connection type after wizard is completed. Problem is fixed.
- Ability to disable LDAP entry in ITSM > Settings > Active Directory is added.
- Devices last activity time was not updated properly in Device List. Problem is fixed.
- For some random Windows devices, ITSM Agents were showing offline in the console when if they were online. Problem is fixed.
- For some customers, number of used Licenses is displayed wrong (0) even though they has a couple of endpoints enrolled. License calculation is fixed.
- If the "&" symbol was used inside File Groups Variables in ITSM, "&" symbol were showing instead. Problem is fixed.
Calendar , one of the most expected feature, is now available. From now on ;
- You can create appointments for yourself and your staff with one click to keep your work well-organized
- All appointments can be tracked from shared calendar ,my calendar or both of them at the same time on one page which let you see all picture
- Tickets worked on related time can be added to appointment so that you can understand which staff works on which ticket for a selected appointment
- At the stage of addition ticket to appointment, ticket search function is enabled to make addition process simple for you.
- Editing appointment option is also available in case of any changes in your timeline
- All appointments and spent hours can be tracked from exportable "Resource Utilization" report selected period of time under report tab so that you can show your effort to your customer in a definite way
- At quote creation process, warnings are improved so that you can understand what should be done in what order easily
- Problem in process of export reports as PDF and CSV after changes on ticket is fixed so that you can get your report in any case.
- Auto-lack control and warning message is improve so that you can continue your work properly without interruptions
- Presence problem of search function for staff directory under admin panel is fixed to find searched staff quickly among others
- Success message for updating organization details under staff panel is added so that you can understand your action is completed or not.
- Enable quote function problem is fixed so that you can create quote for any company which chosen to enable quote creation
- Time filter problem of activity graph is fixed so that you can check your data in healthier way.
- Problem in number of due today tickets is fixed to be tracked how it supposed to be.
Comodo ONE Portal:
- Welcome email template is improved for Comodo One MSP so that you can have more clarified explanation with better design and intuitive help guide
- At staff creation process, new staff pop-up design problem is fixed so that you can have clear direction in process.
- Performance for Preview Remote Desktop for Peer to Peer connections is improved
- Performance optimizations for device takeover operation so that you can complete your process in short time
- Slowness performance of remote desktop action is improved
- Unavailable status of RMM agent in the RMM Console for some situations are fixed so that you can continue your action without interruptions
- Problems on takeover action in RMM console for some situations are fixed so that you can take action properly
Continues on next post…