Questions about licensing?

@cooperbr my colleague will contact you tomorrow morning EST

It does not appear Itarian cares about email evidece. After jumping through hoops to get a hold of and retain an email conversation with someone I finally aranged an agreement with Arman on October 31st that stated since I joined Itarian under the “Free Forever” model and had already budgetted and purchaced 3 years of Sophos licenses for all my clients, Itarian would remain free for me for those endpoints until the expiry of my Sophos licensing at which point I would migrate all my clients over to Comodo AV and in turn would receive cost neutral licensing for my 140 or so endpoints. Any endpoints added after October 31st and not using a paid for Comodo product I would pay the standard MSP rate for.

Fast forward to this Tuesday (January 27th) and I receive the following bill from Itarian

You have 1 new bill added for your ITarian Device Utilization.
1 - Type: postpaid
Utilized Device Count: 139
Cost: 111.20 $

Today I sent an email to Arman reminding him of our agreement and I received the following response

[I]"Arman is no longer with us for reasons like this unfortunately. I will not be able to uphold what he has said.

I understand you are using 139 endpoints, the price is typically $.80/endpoint/month for early adopters.

What I can do is lower this all the way to $.50/endpoint/month. I apologize for the inconvenience, please let me know what I can do to assist.

I do not want your endpoints to be inactivated but I cannot allow you to use our platform at no cost."[/I]

This is completely unacceptable, I’ll be removing all but a few endpoints that I have clients setup to use remote management for. Once I find an alternate solution for that all endpoints will be removed. I will also not be paying a bill for somethong I was told would be free. This is the second bait and switch by Itarian and it is getting pretty difficult to not be pretty upset at the way they are treating MSPs.

I understand that there has been a lot of negativity on these forums however this post, while negative, only shows the facts.

@terry.r My colleague Alex has responded in addition to your last correspondence with him. Thank you for reaching out and if there is anything else we can do to help you please feel free to reach out direct at any time.

Thanks for your response ItarianJoe. Yes Alex is looking in to whether or not my claim is true and if it is he now says Itairan will honor it but only after I said I am leaving Itarian. :frowning:

It will get taken care of :slight_smile: have a fantastic night Terry!

Dear All,

The issues @terry.r is having are now being looked at by @StrobeTech and @ItarianJoe as ITarian want to work with you all and not alienate any of you.
If anyone else is having issues like this please reach out to us or @ItarianJoe with as much information as you have so we can look at this in full.

Alex and Joe have come to the rescue and all is sorted out. I have received an apology from Alex in regards to my query being denied at first. All is good once again.

Terry

@cooperbr i saw in your email thread, the last you left off was he provided you his skype information. I will email you his Skype information again.

Well, here we go again.

After receiving confirmation that the agreement between Itarian and I would be honoured the bill that Itarian sent me was never reversed. I sent an email yesterday letting them know that I was still receiving the warning that my Endpoint Manager functionality would stop working as of 2/11/2020. It’s now 2/11/2020 and I haven’t received a response and no one has fixed the issue thus my endpoints are no longer managable via Itarian.

Itarian your internal and customer communication and follow up needs work!

I will follow up with Alex and have him email you.

Despite numerous assurances from the success team after asking about the warnings regarding unpaid bills, we have now lost endpoint manager functionality for all our devices. @ItarianJoe , I’ve sent you an email regarding this. If I were heavily reliant on the platform on a day to day basis I would be furious right now, thankfully that isn’t the case…

I was asked by Alex to update this post letting people know that the issue is being looked in to. However this probably isn’t the warm and fuzzy “thank you for looking into this” type post that Itarian wants. Alex has told me that he has forwarded the issue to development.

Throughout the day one by one I have been receiving notifications that my devices are going offline and I just opened the Itarian Remote Management app to do some work and wouldn’t you know it, there are zero devices available, 153 endpoints and each and every one is unavailable and not being monitored. Sh*t is going to hit the fan here in the morning and it is all going to be directed at me, thanks Itarian. This is something that should have been fixed BEFORE it became a problem and as @at211 has pointed out, the success team was well aware of the issue in advance.

With each issue it feels more and more like Itarian is doing this crap on purpose so those that have been promised any type of free service (you know, the one we signed up for in the first place) will just piss off and leave Itarian for good so they don’t have to keep their promise.

Ok, some positive news finally. It appears that both my Device Manager UI billing notice has now been removed, my devices are showing as online in Device Manager, and Itarian Remote Control is once again showing my devices as Online and available.

Thank you Itarian for finally fixing this. I haven’t received any email notification from my last email so I am not sure exactly who to than directly but the issue appears to be resolved.

@at211 I received your email when I woke up this morning. Please be aware we are located in the US and I am located in EST. I am working on it with the corresponding team. Thank you Aaron

Good afternoon. Could you tell me what the price would be if I use itarian, without hiring the antivirus service? This value in the country that I live in, is a very high value, compared to other solutions charged in local currency

Hi again @cooperbr I know David has reached out to you but to answer your question the pricing is $1.25 USD per active device per month once you are above the 50 device threshold.

Once again this issue is still there.

Joe, you reassured me to ignore the warnings about endpoints etc but it seems your devs are asleep at the wheel yet again.

Please just sort this out once and for all!

Issue was resolved over the weekend by Joe. All hail! :wink:

-Can you explain me how I can assign the licenses to the different clients?

Hi @kelrini

Welcome to the ITarian forum!

Before I answer the question, please be aware that the assigning of licenses to a customer has no baring on your costs, license requirements or how the platform uses your licenses, this idea is simply a tool to help you manage / log what your doing with your licenses.

1. Inside Endpoint Manager, click on License Management to expand the menu and select License Management.
  2. From the license screen you will see “Bill Forecast”, “Licenses” and “License Allocations”, click on License Allocations.
  3. From here you now have the option to expand a customer and allocate licenses to them.

I hope this helps.