Rollback of Comodo Client Security v11.2.0.7313

Now that I was able to use the script to remove the defective security client from the workstations that I can connect to. Unfortunately, now I cannot use the remote process to install the security client again.
It says it sent the command. However, it does not actually do anything on the machines that I use the script to remove it.

I have tried clicking the shield on an individual device to install the security client, and I have checked multiple devices and tried to install it as a batch. Same results in both cases. The client will not install and I see nothing in the logs telling me any information at all about why it failed or that it’s even starting.

I noticed today that I couldnt remotely install on a new system either… Tried numerous times but nothing happened on endpoint… I ended up creating a bulk deployment file and installing it that way.

@akornn , @Ed_Johnson ,

Our Developers are now evaluating this issue and any events related to commands sent to devices on EM Portal. Status Page is updated as well. ETA 1 hour.

Thats it! I’m done with Comodo!! :mad:
You discover a bug that (from what I have noticed) randomly blocks traffic, and all you do is post it inside the management portal?!! SEND US AN EMAIL!! You’ve got our address and mark it high attention.
We have just spent TWO DAYS (not to mention all other people engaged) troubleshooting high and low trying to understand why some computers (only 4-5 out of 120) get thrown out of SAP, and this in the company’s high season!

There is so much more that is not working at Comodo so this was just the last nail in the coffin. :mad:

Hi @oxxy,

First of all, we are sorry for the inconvenience that caused by the latest CCS update.

As mean of communication in such cases, we prefer Forum and C1/ITarian Notifications as the preferred platforms. However, we have received yours and many other customers’ feedback and have already started to discuss how we can improve this process for future incidents.

Starting from the announcement of the CCS hotfix that our teams are working, you will be notified through additional channels.

Thank you for your understanding,
-Can
Product Manager
Comodo Cybersecurity Team

@Can

I don’t normally have much to say in these discussion forms. However, did you guys get this one totally wrong. This is not just something good to mention like the be a little bit less performance and were working on it. This is your customers are going to totally lose connectivity. And that’s going to interrupt their ability to work. And it’s your responsibility (the IT person) to tell them why it’s happening and when it will be fixed. And depending upon your current customers I won’t even know about the problem until after the first day.

Sending a notification in the form or in the notification area is not with the critical stuff goes the critical stuff happens in an email and you have our email addresses. Very poor show. In fact I’m still sure there are some people that are not even aware of this. You should be sending an email to every address you have for an admin today immediately letting them know of the problem and what you’re planning to do to fix it. don’t just assume people check your form. I don’t know about others but I usually just don’t have the time to nonchalantly sit down at my desk and checked the forms of all the products that I’m working with.

Product manager. You blow it.

Hi @akornn ,

This is why this thread was created and notifications were added on the portal. Yet, we are aware of the missing points. Product team works on this miscommunication issue based on your feedbacks as I stated in my previous post.

We’ll keep you updated with the latest news.

Thanks,
-Can
Product Manager
Comodo Cybersecurity Team

That is extremely good information, good find!

Hi @Can

the forums is a good place to put the information as it allows us all to feed back and help, but urgent information should be posted here and then highlighted in the messages feature inside the ITarian portal (With a link to here). This is the central place for news and we should all be reading these messages as it is also alerts about your computers states etc

Hello @StrobeTech

That is actually a very good idea tho some important updates/information should be automatically received on your C1/Itarian inbox.
Well let our Development team, ( and @Can ) know about the suggestion and well get back to you the soonest possible we can.

KRegards,

How do we get a report on which endpoints that have been updated and needs to run the uninstall script?
I have tried some software inventory scripts available in the procedures but have not seen any results.

I found the easiest way to monitor which endpoints have which version of software is from the Audit Dashboard. (in the Itarian platform… top left)

I found the most reliable script for removing CCS to be ‘Restart_Uninstall_CCS_Perfect’

Thanks Ed_Johnson!
Unfortunately that URL seams to be pointing to your protected area? Is it the same script that is mentioned earlier in this thread?

Thanks for the recommendation @Ed_Johnson , we appreciate it!

Hello @oxxy ,

You can check it through EM portal -> Dashboard -> Audit -> Security Client Version widget
https://help.comodo.com/topic-399-1-786-10081-The-Dashboard.html#audit

And you can always utilize our script : https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend/web/topic/uninstall-comodo-client-security-from-endpoint-without-reboot
https://scripts.itarian.com/frontend/web/topic/uninstall-comodo-client-security-from-endpoint-with-reboot

KRegards,

Thanks Jay,
The dashboard is no problem.
But the script doesn’t do anything. I’ve checked the client name and it’s not customized in any way…?

@oxxy ,

I believe @Ed_Johnson John is pertaining to this procedure.

20190418-Imported-Restart_Uninstall_CCS_Perfect.json (5.79 KB)

I just got an email regarding this issue and was glad to hear about it. I had numerous clients these days reporting network problems.
I was already suspecting something with CCS but was hoping it wasn’t.
This because issues with the clients happens a lot and the only way to resolve is to uninstall the client and reinstall again.
The only positive side of the latest problem is that Comodo has introduced the notification by email. Keep that up because that will save us a lot of troubleshooting for a problem thats already knonw by you!!
The downside is that we have to reinstall the client. I find that very easy to say because nearly every month there is something and reinstalling is very troublesome;
The uninstall feature is not working. I have to uninstall manually via the script which take roughly an hour per client! With an average of 20-30 clients reporting problems, it takes me 20-30 hours to do it manually.

What I was wondering: Why do you pull out the bad update, put the old one back and tell us to revert back to the old one? This leaves us, with more work, and leaves the client with an impacted system until we take action.
Why not put the same, last good client, on the repository with a new versionnumber so that all the clients who can connect to the internet, updates automatically to the non-impacted version?
In this case the problem is solved for now and its a win-win-win situation: Clients have less impacted systems, we, the Itarions are less stressed and therefore Comodo has to do less damage controll.

So, just push the last good version online with a new version number…!

If you can implement that and keep us imformed in case of these problems then it will be a big positive step !!

Ailan.
what a thoroughly brilliant point.

Itarian, please implement asap !!!

@ailan @originalscan ,

We thank you guys for your honest feedback. Please refer to our Product Developer’s guide with our last April Release implementation under Management of Communication and Security Client Versions section.

Why can’t you re-release the last stable version with a higher version number so it will upgrade? I have no intention of trying to script a comodo removal, a good portion of the time if wrecks the machine and requires me to pull it out of the registry manually. This is an extremely poor response just when you guys were starting to seem to get your act together on quality issues.