Service Issue - ITarian RC not connecting

Hello @LWB

We have created a ticket for you and will notify you once there is an update

With best regards

It actually seems worse today. Yesterday there was a chance you could get a connection. So far today no devices are showing online and is causing a real problem for us. I understand they are working on it but it has now been over 24 hours and all we are told is “We’d like to inform you that we have an ongoing outage with the XMPP server hence the reason of the devices showing as offline. Our developers are already aware of the issue and working towards a resolution.”

The support have mentioned “ongoing outage with the XMPP server”. Is there no resiliency with this or is a single server as insinuated in the response?

Any chance of a real update with even a hint of an ETA?

We’re very occasionally seeing devices appear but fails to connect every time.

@wholeservltd @novatwin We have asked for an update from our developers and there is no ETA provided as of the moment. We will continue to monitor it and provide you with updates as soon as we receive them. Thank you for your patience.

It’s 8:30 AM EST here in DC. I’m seeing the issues still persisting with ITSM and Dome Sheild. Dome Sheild support said it’s all related and that work is being done to fix it. So I will assume that this is still being fixed right? Will I get a notification when the fix is done?

Same problems here from yesterday.
What I still find very strange is why it’s so difficult to have ONE(!) place where we can see problems/ outages/satus etc.
This was regarding earlier CSS problems etc.
See the following link regardin status updates:
https://forum.itarian.com/forum/products/endpoint-protection/33811-rollback-of-comodo-client-security-v11-2-0-7313?p=34131#post34131

And https://forum.itarian.com/forum/products/rmm/35068-remote-control-application-outage?p=35611#post35611
Where was statted that there was created a new section on the forum for these kind of situations:

Now regarding the RMM connection problem, it looks like it’s a wide problem. Why isn’t there one place to find out the status?
The information is scattered all over different posts and only various persons will get an unpdate who are linked to the ticket.

Request: Can you put/create one status page, linked from the forum, and from the notification page in ‘news and notification’ from the Console regarding this and future major problems?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @ailan - there is a status page, check https://status.one.comodo.com perhaps Itarian/Comodo support can confirm if it is still live and actively used. I have used it in the past but had issues with the email notifications.

Hi @mhberglund, Thanks for the note. This page says everything regarding RMM is fine and operational.
My point was that 2 days ago, in the other post, there was specified that for these kind of issues they created a special section in the forum.
But also there there’s no status regarding this issue.
So the info is too much scattered around different places.
This is a wide problem affecting a lot of users. So notification via email only for the attached ticket-users is not viable.

Same problem here. Remote control still not working. If it does work it’s very intermittent.
Two years ago this platform was rock solid. What happened?

Time and labor involved in running a small MSP

1. 60% Fixing issues related to COMODO updates.
  2. 20% Fixing issues related to Microsoft updates.
  3. 10% Explaining to your customers that the tools meant to make their systems more productive is causing the problem.
  4. 10% Maintenance and solving real customer problems.

When I switched to comodo a few years ago I started turning a good profit. Things have been tight lately due to issues with comodo.
What happened guys? What happened?

Yes I realize this post is not productive in any way, but I just needed to shed some light on the situation as of late.

The problem is that SSL expired and has now been renewed.
This issue is having a knock on problem with device logins for IRC.

Need this up and running asap please
(We already have a ticket on this.)

Hi @catcomsys ,

We’ve created a support ticket related to your concern.
Please respond to the email we’ve sent you.

Thank you.

Hey Vincent, don’t want to sound unreasinable but this is getting on for 48 hours now and we’re not getting any clearer indication from you guys on what’s happening. Yes, we know the Devs are working on it but after this time, surely they must be closer to solving or at least working around the issue?

since comodo changed to itarian, everything went down, it used to be a tool, now is a chore, is its own layer of an issue, making the users download remote access tools (when possible) is not only insecure, but it gives the worst possible image to us as ITSM providers, at this point is not only cheaper, but it can turn to better profit to change back to continuum or teamviewver, its like comodo wants to destroy this service

I don’t feel you need to create another ticket at this point. Your personal response doesn’t make me feel any more taken care of. Once the issue is fixed for everyone else I am sure it will work for me too. Im not mad, just shocked at the current state of this once amazing platform. Best of luck to the Devs. Im sure they are pulling their hair out.

is not hard, they just have to revert everything to the working version of 2 years ago

This “we have created a ticket for you” is undiluted BS just to keep you busy, like we are regular troglodytes that take the placebo, look, and i’m talking to you “ITarian Staff” this is server side, we all know we live of knowing our stuff, and i’m struggling to not swear away, i’m livid at this point.

so why dont you guys just give us a straight answer instead of making a fool of yourselves trying to misled us with a generic run of the mill outsourced scripted east asian response text?

show some respect please!

Day 2: All we get now is “Specified device is not ready” when we try and remote in to anything with RC.

In other news, I received an email from SolarWinds yesterday offering a remote-only service. Seems like more than coincidence that they send that email out right in the middle of a major iTarian RC outage.

Hi @intechtel

Good day! We understand everyone’s frustration on this unforeseen issue. It is an XMPP server-side issue affecting multiple MSPs
We’ve created a support ticket related to your post to report your portal information to our Developers in getting resolution along with the others
Please respond to the email we’ve sent you.

Thank you.

what is worst is that this hotfix is messing with office installs, they get corrupted and you have to uninstall and reinstall, but since there is no way to use remote control… you have to ask them to install another tool for it, this is a disaster, a complete failure, heads should roll for this mess

Can you verify that? I’ve had a bunch of Office installs randomly screwing up and seemingly disappearing over the last two weeks, all on managed machine, and they all require a full repair which takes 30+ minutes per instance. Been trying to figure that one out for weeks. What I can’t understand is how these hotfixes are breaking other installs.

Hi, Same with me. I’ve had a lot of broken Office installs after Office-updates. Nearly all in the last 3 weeks.
Also for a longer time the users are getting a notification about ‘Officeclicktorun.exe’ which needs an action from user (Allow/ Block/ Treat as).
Online Office Repair or full reinstall is the only solution.